+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For how long you have to stay in Rural City (RNIP)?

oudmaster

Jul 19, 2020
Hi,

for RNIP program, for how long do I have to stay in the city before moving anywhere in Canada?

thanks,

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Until you are a PR with your status confirmed and the card in your hand. After that you are free to leave, although if you do it immediately they could accuse you of misrepresenting your intentions and try to revoke your status. You should plan to live there for at least a few months, or even better a year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

for RNIP program, for how long do I have to stay in the city before moving anywhere in Canada?

thanks,
The big issue with RNIP is they won't usually hire you unless they think there is a good chance you will remain in the area longterm. One of the major requirements is to prove an existing connection to the area.

oudmaster

Jul 19, 2020
The big issue with RNIP is they won't usually hire you unless they think there is a good chance you will remain in the area longterm. One of the major requirements is to prove an existing connection to the area.
but legally for how long?
I might live there for two years. but will think to leave to find a better job in big Cities.

Last edited:

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I might live there for two years. but will think to leave to find a better job in big Cities.
No. It means that you must already have existing relationships with the community and know the people in the community, before you apply for RNIP. You probably won't be invited for the program if you have no connections to the community.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no legal timeframe that is why they will be very selective on who they hire. If you don't have a connection to the local area you are unlikely to get hired.

oudmaster

Jul 19, 2020
Ahh,
that is a tough condition,
I have no one in Canada, so most likely RNIP won't work for me then, I assume AIPP is the same thing.

oudmaster

Jul 19, 2020
Last question on this,
assume I got approval for either AIPP or RNIP, do you advise me to go there, even if I have intent to leave after 2 years?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Last question on this,
assume I got approval for either AIPP or RNIP, do you advise me to go there, even if I have intent to leave after 2 years?
Yes. If you want to secure PR. Not sure where you are from and whether it actually makes sense for you to move to Canada. With your skills you are unlikely to find a job that is suitable in smaller cities. Those hiring will recognize that your skills don’t match their needs and you are unlikely to remain in the city. Not sure your job history but have you tried to secure a job in Canada? Tech is one of the industries where employers consider going through the hassle of hiring a FN. Also an industry that may still be hiring. There are IT specific recruiters you may want to talk to as well.

oudmaster

Jul 19, 2020
I am from the middle east, one of the war suffered countries ;)
I just started working with an immigration agency and signed with them a contract for three programs, PNP, RNIP, and AIPP.
!
but I am trying nowadays to search if RNIP or AIPP will really be beneficial to me or not, if I have to stay over 2 years in a rural area with a small job, then I am affecting my experience and profile so badly.
!
but if I can secure the PR, and move when I complete two years or less, without getting my employer to raise a legal issue against me, then it should be fine.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I am from the middle east, one of the war suffered countries ;)
I just started working with an immigration agency and signed with them a contract for three programs, PNP, RNIP, and AIPP.
!
but I am trying nowadays to search if RNIP or AIPP will really be beneficial to me or not, if I have to stay over 2 years in a rural area with a small job, then I am affecting my experience and profile so badly.
!
but if I can secure the PR, and move when I complete two years or less, without getting my employer to raise a legal issue against me, then it should be fine.
You need to consider how much connections you have to the province. The provinces will look at your ties to the province, howling you've lived there, your employment in the province etc.

oudmaster

Jul 19, 2020
You have an immigration agency after all. Why aren't you asking them these questions?
because immigration agencies are used to give you positive answers (the answers make you happy), and they don't care much about you as much as getting their money. so that is why I am digging in all my chances, and try to know myself.

I need them for application procedures, submissions, checklist, etc.