+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For how long can I postpone the Citizenship Oath Ceremony?

rahulneo

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/08/2014
Med's Request
10/01/2015
Med's Done....
18/01/2015
Passport Req..
20/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/05/2015
Hello All,
I received the Oath ceremony invite in July but had to postpone it since I had to travel urgently for my family matter. When I emailed them to postpone they asked me to contact them once I am back in Canada. However, I will have to again travel in the august end for a family matter and then again in Nov. again. Both these travels are really unavoidable right now and if I rebook the oath and somehow get it in between then I fear that I will get my passport in time and then the Indian Visa.
Is there a time limit up to which I can postpone my oath ceremony? I am really stuck in between and don't know if the delay in oath will affect my application. Can anyone please advise and provide any input? I have been trying to call the helpline number but haven't been able to get through an agent.

Thanks a lot in advance!

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hello All,
I received the Oath ceremony invite in July but had to postpone it since I had to travel urgently for my family matter. When I emailed them to postpone they asked me to contact them once I am back in Canada. However, I will have to again travel in the august end for a family matter and then again in Nov. again. Both these travels are really unavoidable right now and if I rebook the oath and somehow get it in between then I fear that I will get my passport in time and then the Indian Visa.
Is there a time limit up to which I can postpone my oath ceremony? I am really stuck in between and don't know if the delay in oath will affect my application. Can anyone please advise and provide any input? I have been trying to call the helpline number but haven't been able to get through an agent.

Thanks a lot in advance!
. By and large experience of those who have postponed the oath once has not been great. Haven’t seen many requesting multiple rescheduling. Ublikely the call centre guys will be able to give you a concrete answer. You could consider writing to IRCC and inform them of your extended and multiple trips outside Canada. They would probably reschedule you once you are back for good and want proof of your return. It’s better to be proactive and wait till you last trip in Nov rather than reschedule again now.

rahulneo

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/08/2014
Med's Request
10/01/2015
Med's Done....
18/01/2015
Passport Req..
20/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/05/2015
. By and large experience of those who have postponed the oath once has not been great. Haven’t seen many requesting multiple rescheduling. Ublikely the call centre guys will be able to give you a concrete answer. You could consider writing to IRCC and inform them of your extended and multiple trips outside Canada. They would probably reschedule you once you are back for good and want proof of your return. It’s better to be proactive and wait till you last trip in Nov rather than reschedule again now.
Thanks. Yes I am really not sure what to do. I have emailed IRCC but they sent an automated email informing of longer wait times and I might not get a reply if my file is progressing well.

I was planning to request them to reschedule the oath once I land back in Canada. thanks again!