+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Federal investor Applicant : process time!

ayanab7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
I have applied @ 2009. Nothing heard yet. Still waiting !!!!
My ECAS says, " IN PROCESS (A decision has not been made yet.)
Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

The recent processing time for investor applicant is 56 Months. (based on a complete application package)

When i did applied @ 2009, i did submitted simplified application. not complete!!! so, What Now? what should i do??? Nothing heard yet. Still waiting !!!! please Help!

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Did you ever receive a AOR? If you did, did they mention any timeframe for processing?

Have you ever tried contacting CIC for an update on your case? If you did, what was their response?

ayanab7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
:( The Singapore office AOR said that, They will ask me later on for required docs. but i didn't got anything from them still now day.

mamoudi

Sep 15, 2011
Hello Ayanab7
I am a Federal Investor applicant too. Here is what happened with me so far.
I submitted the simplified application back in 2009 to London VO.
I was appointed an interview in 2011 which I couldn’t attend because I had a new born baby and I had to amend my application with new born information.
I did the interview in April 2013 in Abu Dhabi VO.
In June 2013, I was asked to update my application, all documents, medical exams, police certificates, and submit the right of permanent residence fee which all were sent by September 2013.
Now I’m a bit worried because I don’t know if I have to plane for my move this year, or the process will still take years ???.
A shed of light on the situation from anyone is welcome and appreciated.

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mamoudi said:
Hello Ayanab7
I am a Federal Investor applicant too. Here is what happened with me so far.
I submitted the simplified application back in 2009 to London VO.
I was appointed an interview in 2011 which I couldn't attend because I had a new born baby and I had to amend my application with new born information.
I did the interview in April 2013 in Abu Dhabi VO.
In June 2013, I was asked to update my application, all documents, medical exams, police certificates, and submit the right of permanent residence fee which all were sent by September 2013.
Now I'm a bit worried because I don't know if I have to plane for my move this year, or the process will still take years ???.
A shed of light on the situation from anyone is welcome and appreciated.
Dear Mamoudi,

Unfortunately no one can say exactly when things will happen and there are no fixed
timings and dates etc. for this process.

There are lot of people in this forum that are in similar situation as yours but nobody
has any idea as to when really things will proceed further.

Wishing you all the best and god bless us all!!!

Cheers
Viz

ayanab7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Dear SCKEL,
I have applied from Bangladesh to Singapore VO on 9/2009 & recived AOR on 10/2009. it says the time limit will be 46 months. So, What do u guys say?

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
The stated time has now passed so you should contact your VO with a case specific enquiry noting the date on your AOR and the 46 months time frame given on that AOR, and the fact that that time frame has now passed and you would like an update on your application.

Be prepared that you will probably receive a stenciled response which will not give much information but at least you may have caused someone to wipe the dust off of your file.

In Nov 2011, when the time on my AOR had passed I sent in a case specific enquiry and they told me based on specific ministerial instructions that they were not prioritizing applications like mine and could give no indication of when my application will be processed. I challenged that email because the ministerial instructions quoted did not apply to my case. A month later they requested updated documents and police clearance so I thought "WOHOO" no we are getting somewhere.

Needless to say, here we are at the end of 2013 and I have not heard from them since, my email requests for updates go unanswered and my GCMS notes show no activity since I submitted my documents.

That being said, the best advice I can give is to send them the case specific enquiry and see what happens.

Best of luck!!

ayanab7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Dear Sckel, Thanks a lot for kind reply (quick). Anyway, i am sorry, i have mentioned in earlier posting that the time they have given is 46, But it was 56. so, is it more waiting ! hah! thanks again for for kind suggestion. Good luck for you. bye.

mamoudi

Sep 15, 2011
Dear Ayanab7 and Sckel,
Why can't you send case specific enquiry before the average processing time has passed? Does it affect the process negatively? After all it is just an average time!

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
CIC is very clear that they will not respond to enquiries unless the stipulated processing time has passed.