+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For applicant Received ITA today with sibling extra point.What do the document checklists look like

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Hello, I have a question regarding on the document checklist after June 6 (when extra points are rewarded for French second language and sibling).

If an applicant has one sibling as PR/Citizen(only one sibling, not parent), what does the EE CEC document checklist look like? I am a EE CEC applicant (single, no dependent, only one applicant) and the following is my checklist. But I am very confused about item (11) "Family Member proof of status" and (12) "Proof of sibling relationship". Because I think they the exact same thing. Both (11) and (12) are requesting the document to prove that sibling (family member) is a PR/Citizenship by uploading PR card/Passport, is it correct? But if I upload the exact same document in both places, I find it very odd because it doesn't make any sense to upload exact the same document in two places (this never happen when I applied for study permit and PGWP in the system). So am I missing something here?

(1) Passport/Travel Documents
(2) Proof of medical exam
(3) Education (diploma/degree)
(4) Employment Records
(5) Education Transcripts
(6) Police Certificate
(7) Proof of means of financial support
(8) Digital Photo
(9) Proof of Residency in Canada of sibling
(10) Proof of sibling relationship
(11) Family Member Proof of Status
(12) Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling

Does any senior happen to know about this and can shed some light on this? Thank you.

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Hello, have you figure it out and submit the application yet? I am also having the same problem. Is "Family member proof of status" and "Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling" the same thing (when only one sibling is PR/Citizen)?