+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For an overstayer in a country, is an order to leave the same as leaving voluntarily?

CrystalNight

Mar 24, 2018
In the Schedule A backround check, question 4. e " have you been refused admission, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

My partner overstayed in the UK, but was never once told to leave and left by choice; would the answer be NO?

Since my partner's passport was expired at the time he went to his countries' embassy in the UK and they gave him a document that allowed him to go home. There was never any "orders."

I previously mentioned his overstaying in the other forms. Would NO be the correct answer? I just want to clarify if leaving on one's own accord is considered an order to leave? I just want to be completely honest in our application and I would be happier if there was room on the form to explain the details further while clicking NO. But there's only space if you click YES? Is there space to upload the Schedule A plus a separate letter explaining further? Please advise!

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
The answer would be "No." you can mention that he overstayed because of so and so reasons but left voluntarily once he was able to if you would like to have a full disclosure, and if there is a space for additional info for the question (or written on a separate sheet of paper as a letter of explanation.