+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For All New Citizen's ...... Important !!!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello everyone !!!

Congratulation's to all of you who recently became a Canadian Citizen's , & i wish you all the very best of luck.

One important piece of advice for all new Citizen's , I know for a fact that the first thing to come on mind or on the ( to Do list ) for everyone who recently became a Canadian Citizen is to apply for the Canadian passport which is important for sure :)

But more important is MAKE SURE and Check whether you are registered on the National Register of Electors or Not by entering your personal information on the online form in the link provided below

As a registered elector, you will receive a Voter Information Card during the next election period to inform you where to vote and you will automatically be included on the lists of electors.

Please see ....
https://ereg.elections.ca/CWelcome.aspx

Please Note...... if you are Not registered , you can register Online or by Calling 1-800-463-6868

Good luck to everyone!!!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Re: For All New Citizen's

Note: It appears that separate elector lists are maintained for provincial and local elections, or checking the box does not work. Despite having checked the box to have my name added to the list of electors, I had to make the effort to get registered for the Provincial election earlier this year (months after I became a citizen) and then I had to do it again for the municipal election this fall (I was surprised, actually dismayed, that after voting in the provincial election I was not on the list of registered voters for my city). I assume my name will be among registered voters for the Federal election next year, but I will not count on that until it is actually confirmed.

While the Federal elections are important, the provincial and local elections are, to my view, just as important.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
All you need to do is when there is an election, find the nearest voting place to your address. Then show up with ID and say you didn't get a card and are not on the list. They will add you right there and then you can vote and you will get a voter's card next time. That 's what I did.

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello everyone !!!

Congratulation's to all of you who recently became a Canadian Citizen's , & i wish you all the very best of luck.

One important piece of advice for all new Citizen's , I know for a fact that the first thing to come on mind or on the ( to Do list ) for everyone who recently became a Canadian Citizen is to apply for the Canadian passport which is important for sure :)

But more important is MAKE SURE and Check whether you are registered on the National Register of Electors or Not by entering your personal information on the online form in the link provided below

As a registered elector, you will receive a Voter Information Card during the next election period to inform you where to vote and you will automatically be included on the lists of electors.

Please see ....
https://ereg.elections.ca/CWelcome.aspx

Please Note...... if you are Not registered , you can register Online or by Calling 1-800-463-6868

Good luck to everyone!!!

Most electors are already registered in the National Register of Electors (the Register), a database of Canadian electors who are qualified to vote in federal elections and referendums. Elections Canada continually updates the Register using information provided by government agencies from income tax forms, citizenship applications, driver's licence records, provincial permanent voters lists, as well as other information sources. the information in the Register is used to create voters lists (lists of electors).

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
OTTAWA2013 said:
Most electors are already registered in the National Register of Electors (the Register), a database of Canadian electors who are qualified to vote in federal elections and referendums. Elections Canada continually updates the Register using information provided by government agencies from income tax forms, citizenship applications, driver's licence records, provincial permanent voters lists, as well as other information sources. the information in the Register is used to create voters lists (lists of electors).
When you submit your citizenship application, you can give the consent that time. Section 9 B

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
What dpenabill and keesio said is true...
In spite of giving consent on the application form and the said auto registration -- of most electors -- at least dozen people I know and myself have to walk-in directly to the polling station with ID to vote in the first election (many elections back...) Later received the voter card for all elections though.
They may not be very accurate in updating databases, I guess you may have to do this for the first time.

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
What dpenabill and keesio said is true...
In spite of giving consent on the application form and the said auto registration -- of most electors -- at least dozen people I know and myself have to walk-in directly to the polling station with ID to vote in the first election (many elections back...) Later received the voter card for all elections though.
They may not be very accurate in updating databases, I guess you may have to do this for the first time.
So happy for you guys, please pray for me!
APPLICATION RECEIVED NOV. 2009
PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
FILE TRANSFERRED ST. CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ Request JUL 2014
DOCS RECVD ON AUG 2014.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meeru said:
So happy for you guys, please pray for me!
APPLICATION RECEIVED NOV. 2009
PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
FILE TRANSFERRED ST. CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ Request JUL 2014
DOCS RECVD ON AUG 2014.
5 Years!! and still no result.. why?