+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Follow up thread to homophobic parents

Rausawa

Sep 12, 2020
If you would view my last thread my parents did not attend my wedding.
I explained it in one of the forms.
Would proof like this: Homophobia 1 or this Homophobia 2 be good if I attach it?

of course without the marked out profile picture, and yes, that is my family’s response to my relationship/wedding invitation (sponsor)

I would only be comfortable showing those 2 messages since the other ones are even more hurtful

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Would proof like this: Homophobia 1 or this Homophobia 2 be good if I attach it?

of course without the marked out profile picture, and yes, that is my family’s response to my relationship/wedding invitation (sponsor)

I would only be comfortable showing those 2 messages since the other ones are even more hurtful
Personally I don't think you need to provide "proof" of this at all. Just explain it briefly and factually, your parents do not approve and hence they did not attend the wedding.

It will be clear from your application that you are a same-sex couple. And unfortunately, parents across the world that do not approve of same-sex, cross-cultural/religious, or interracial relationships are still not rare. It's unlikely the examining officers will not believe your simple factual statement.

Reactions: scylla

Rausawa

Sep 12, 2020
Personally I don't think you need to provide "proof" of this at all. Just explain it briefly and factually, your parents do not approve and hence they did not attend the wedding.

It will be clear from your application that you are a same-sex couple. And unfortunately, parents across the world that do not approve of same-sex, cross-cultural/religious, or interracial relationships are still not rare. It's unlikely the examining officers will not believe your simple factual statement.
Thank you, it was hard enough for me digging those things up and that’s just the blunt statement that they don’t like homosexuality. I have since gone no contact at all and that was nearly a year ago, worst thing is that that’s in Canada, since I’m the sponsor. Here I believed Canada was just a tad bit better with our “lifestyle”

Reactions: armoured

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you, it was hard enough for me digging those things up and that’s just the blunt statement that they don’t like homosexuality. I have since gone no contact at all and that was nearly a year ago, worst thing is that that’s in Canada, since I’m the sponsor. Here I believed Canada was just a tad bit better with our “lifestyle”
I agree with the advice above. I don't think you need the evidence. Just include a letter to say that your family isn't accepting of your relationship and this is why they didn't attend the wedding. Certainly won't be the first time IRCC has seen this.

Reactions: armoured

Rausawa

Sep 12, 2020
I agree with the advice above. I don't think you need the evidence. Just include a letter to say that your family isn't accepting of your relationship and this is why they didn't attend the wedding. Certainly won't be the first time IRCC has seen this.
I explained it on imm5532 in the section why they didn’t attend our wedding

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I explained it on imm5532 in the section why they didn’t attend our wedding
Then in my opinion you're all set. You don't need anything further.

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020

You seriously want to include this in your application? To what end?