+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FOIA Request - US Entry Exit - how to download responsive records

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone help me understand what they mean here by responsive records and does anyone know how to retrieve them. I do have an FOIA account but don't see where I can see those records?

CBP has determined that the responsive records are partially releasable, pursuant to Title 5 U.S.C. § 552 and have applied the appropriate exemptions. If you have a FOIAonline account, you MUST log into your account to retrieve your responsive records.

You have a right to appeal our final disposition. Should you wish to do so, you must file your appeal within 60 days of the date of this letter following the procedures outlined in the DHS regulations at Title 6 C.F.R. §5.9. Please include as much information as possible to help us understand the grounds for your appeal. We recommend that you submit your appeal via FOIAOnline by clicking on the “Create Appeal” button that appears when you view your initial request. In the alternative, you may send your appeal and a copy of this letter to: FOIA Appeals, Policy and Litigation Branch, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, 90 K Street, NE, 10th Floor, Washington, DC 20229-1177. Your envelope and letter should be marked "FOIA Appeal." Copies of the FOIA and DHS regulations are available at www.dhs.gov/foia.

karianna

Jun 12, 2015
MW2015 said:
Can someone help me understand what they mean here by responsive records and does anyone know how to retrieve them. I do have an FOIA account but don't see where I can see those records?

CBP has determined that the responsive records are partially releasable, pursuant to Title 5 U.S.C. § 552 and have applied the appropriate exemptions. If you have a FOIAonline account, you MUST log into your account to retrieve your responsive records.

You have a right to appeal our final disposition. Should you wish to do so, you must file your appeal within 60 days of the date of this letter following the procedures outlined in the DHS regulations at Title 6 C.F.R. §5.9. Please include as much information as possible to help us understand the grounds for your appeal. We recommend that you submit your appeal via FOIAOnline by clicking on the “Create Appeal” button that appears when you view your initial request. In the alternative, you may send your appeal and a copy of this letter to: FOIA Appeals, Policy and Litigation Branch, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, 90 K Street, NE, 10th Floor, Washington, DC 20229-1177. Your envelope and letter should be marked "FOIA Appeal." Copies of the FOIA and DHS regulations are available at www.dhs.gov/foia.
Login to the FOIA account and look for the request you made. There should be a link associated with the request from where you can download the pdf files. By responsive records they just refer to the relevant extract they have determined to share with you based on your request.

The rest of the text above is just related to the rules around FOIA and what information they can and cannot disclose. You dont have to worry about appeals unless the PDF record they shared with you is incomplete or does not contain all the information you requested.

The first time I made the request, the records the officer provided were incomplete (only 4 pages covering a couple of trips while I had asked for my entire history), so I filed an appeal online and then about 1 month later I got a more detailed record of about 48 pages..Dont worry, normally you dont have to file an appeal and the record should be complete....

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks just I do not see any pdf to download, maybe it takes a few days for it to show up. Under the records released this is all they have: No records have been released.

S.Z

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
Should be a pdf file attached. Once opening it, a password was required to access.
I got three emails from fioa in the same day, the pdf for the record was attached in one of the emails.

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I only received one email, so maybe more to follow after holiday weekend, but who knows.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karianna said:
Login to the FOIA account and look for the request you made. There should be a link associated with the request from where you can download the pdf files. By responsive records they just refer to the relevant extract they have determined to share with you based on your request.

The rest of the text above is just related to the rules around FOIA and what information they can and cannot disclose. You dont have to worry about appeals unless the PDF record they shared with you is incomplete or does not contain all the information you requested.

The first time I made the request, the records the officer provided were incomplete (only 4 pages covering a couple of trips while I had asked for my entire history), so I filed an appeal online and then about 1 month later I got a more detailed record of about 48 pages..Dont worry, normally you dont have to file an appeal and the record should be complete....
I had requested FOIA records and after 3 weeks the FOIA request returned records only since 2013.
Previous records are missing since my landing.
So filed an appeal and awaiting response...

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FOIA update
The appeal has been closed
Results include all my entries/exit Smiley