+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FOIA Report Question

Can-On

May 5, 2020
Hello Guys,

I requested the Entry/Exit dates report as a part of verification to my Physical Presence from the FOIA in the US., and when I got their report I found that there are some trips are missing, as well as not all locations are correct. Is there any advice from your experience on how to get this issue fixed. I am appreciating your inputs.

Can-On

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello Guys,

I requested the Entry/Exit dates report as a part of verification to my Physical Presence from the FOIA in the US., and when I got their report I found that there are some trips are missing, as well as not all locations are correct. Is there any advice from your experience on how to get this issue fixed. I am appreciating your inputs.

Can-On
1. Its not required for getting citizenship unless they ask for it. So dont attach it with your application and will confuse/create problem for officers reviewing the file.
2. I dont think you can even request to correct it as its not affecting your entry to the US hence there is need for you to request hence i dont see any obligation for them to request. I am thinking that you are misinterpreting the location codes as i have not heard about locations not correct. Are you sure that the locations are not correct?
I understand that there might be missing entries which i have seen in many posts and saw in my records too but not locations issue.

Can-On

May 5, 2020
Thanks @harirajmohan for your feedback I really appreciate that.

Actually, I applied already for the citizenship but wanted to be prepared with proof of entry to the US. if they asked me later during the interview stage.
Regarding to the "site" (location) tab which is included in the FOIA Report, YES one of the entries is wrong, they put different location.

In case if the FOIA report requested during the citizenship interview and it is having missing entires that we already mentioned in the physical presence what could be the consequences specially when we cannot request FOIA to correct it.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks @harirajmohan for your feedback I really appreciate that.

Actually, I applied already for the citizenship but wanted to be prepared with proof of entry to the US. if they asked me later during the interview stage.
Regarding to the "site" (location) tab which is included in the FOIA Report, YES one of the entries is wrong, they put different location.

In case if the FOIA report requested during the citizenship interview and it is having missing entires that we already mentioned in the physical presence what could be the consequences specially when we cannot request FOIA to correct it.
All they(citizenship officers) want is that if you have resided in Canada on that day or not. So it doesnt matter if it specifies location x or location y you entered US.
Also they will be verifying with cbsa records first before they even ask you. Its 1% chance they ask you on I94 records which is not mandatory even if officer asks as they should be verifying your residence days based on cbsa records and should be adjudicating based on cbsa records.

Also the officer is not going to verify 100z of records on each entry and on each date, time and location. So dont worry about this for now as this kind of verification might not even happen.

I still could not believe that the location name is different. Is it a different bridge name mentioned? trying to see if you travel through multiple ports in a single day then you might not remember. Is it listing a totally different city?

Can-On

May 5, 2020
Awesome, thanks.
Yes, different bridge location, instead of blue water bridge-Sarnia , they put Niagara Falls bridge, and no it was just one trip that day.
Anyways, as long as there is nothing to worry about so that should be fine.