+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flying to Toronto this summer'19? Lets connect!

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
After been in us for 12 years ans flying in out so many times... i prefer breaking flights every 7 8 hours... 14 to 16 hour flights are painful

Mar 29, 2015
Hi All,

This is regarding the declaration of proof of funds at the time of landing. Do we need to,
1. Declare the proof of funds at the time of landing as we did at the time of application.
2. Can we show bank account statements from the bank back home as the proof of funds.
3. Is there any minimum amount of funds in CADs we need to carry at the time of landing.

I plan to transfer funds later so I'll be carrying 2k CADs at the time of immigration.

Thanks.
COPR Feb'2019.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Well, unless you have student visa or is flying business class. Otherwise it's 1 bag of 23kgs and one hand luggage.
Ooooo never realized... but they also allow for premium economy...

sahil88

Dec 28, 2016
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2019
I
Hi All,

This is regarding the declaration of proof of funds at the time of landing. Do we need to,
1. Declare the proof of funds at the time of landing as we did at the time of application.
2. Can we show bank account statements from the bank back home as the proof of funds.
3. Is there any minimum amount of funds in CADs we need to carry at the time of landing.

I plan to transfer funds later so I'll be carrying 2k CADs at the time of immigration.

Thanks.
COPR Feb'2019.
I am also waiting for clarity over this.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Anything more than 10K CAD in cash needs to be declared. If its for the case of proof of funds a bank statement or fund statement proving that you can support yourself and your family would suffice.

An officer may or may not ask for proof of funds.

sahil88

Dec 28, 2016
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2019
Anything more than 10K CAD in cash needs to be declared. If its for the case of proof of funds a bank statement or fund statement proving that you can support yourself and your family would suffice.

An officer may or may not ask for proof of funds.
Thanks for the much awaited reply.

So, what about the things and their value that has to be declared
I read somewhere that we have to make a list of all the things that we are bringing in the country with their monetary value, which can includes clothes, electronics(with invoice), jewellery(with invoice) etc etc. Also, the other things that we would like to bring (with their pictures and invoices) in the next 2 years, i guess. So that they don't get stuck in customs.
Not sure if the entire info is accurate.
Can anyone throw some light on this? Is there any specific format to make the sheet? And is it true we could declare the items that we want to bring in for the next 2 years in the first time we enter Canada?

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Thanks for the much awaited reply.

So, what about the things and their value that has to be declared
I read somewhere that we have to make a list of all the things that we are bringing in the country with their monetary value, which can includes clothes, electronics(with invoice), jewellery(with invoice) etc etc. Also, the other things that we would like to bring (with their pictures and invoices) in the next 2 years, i guess. So that they don't get stuck in customs.
Not sure if the entire info is accurate.
Can anyone throw some light on this? Is there any specific format to make the sheet? And is it true we could declare the items that we want to bring in for the next 2 years in the first time we enter Canada?
As per my knowledge, you need pictures for jewellery only. Also you can declare one goods to follow list but I think time period for its validity is 1 year.

sahil88

Dec 28, 2016
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2019
Guys, lets try to keep this forum active.

We can ask questions or update about the do's and don'ts of things to carry when moving to Canada (can be anything).
Also, any specific notes that we might need at the immigration in Canada.

Please throw some light on how is everyone dealing with the housing, banking, fund management and jobs.

Let's connect!

gpdave

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
Flying in July (17th) from Chennai on Cathay Pacific too. Winding up things in Dubai now.

Looking for Couples to share apartments with. I see a lot of listings are for singles / females / students and not enough posts for Couples (without kids). Any suggestions?

Ckharry

May 5, 2019
Nainital
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
DELHI
App. Filed.......
16-11-2022
Flying in July (17th) from Chennai on Cathay Pacific too. Winding up things in Dubai now.

Looking for Couples to share apartments with. I see a lot of listings are for singles / females / students and not enough posts for Couples (without kids). Any suggestions?
Use kijiji.ca or search “toronto room rentals” on fb.