+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flights to Canada

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Hey again,

We received approval at the beginning of Sept. Finally. We were Nov 2017 applicants.

Any ways, my spouse just submitted his passport earlier this week in New Delhi.

But we are currently deciding on a date for him to land in Canada. I just have a few questions that maybe someone can answer for us.

1. When he gets his passport back will they explain more of what to accept when landing at the airport and immigration?

2. When you land in Canada and you go through immigration, what is the process? And is it best to get a long lay over if it's his first Canadian stop? We will most likely take a straight flight to Edmonton via KLM. But just in case we can't.

3. I have read people talking about documenting all things that he will be bringing to Canada. What is this about?

4. Does he get an actual PR card like a driver's license type of card? And how does he get that?

I think that's all. Thank you for your time!

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Did you get a pre-arrival services letter from them? All of that stuff is in there with links to the document to fill out for declaring what he is bringing now and what items will follow later, as well what documents he needs to show to the officers when he lands, etc...
They will verify his address at the time of landing and the PR card will be mailed to him there in a couple of weeks.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
When you land in Canada and you go through immigration,
He can tell them you are outside waiting. Direct flight is good may be via Netherlands only 5 hours lay off. In this case after clearing customs he will be taken to a room where ircc agent will help him filling necessary docs. All may take longer than an average passenger. Good thing is you will be there outside in case he need more help. License /PR card?health care all help will be given to him how to submit. Lucky YOU ! Wish you guys all the best.

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Did you get a pre-arrival services letter from them? All of that stuff is in there with links to the document to fill out for declaring what he is bringing now and what items will follow later, as well what documents he needs to show to the officers when he lands, etc...
They will verify his address at the time of landing and the PR card will be mailed to him there in a couple of weeks.
yes we got Pre arrival. We went through it and he signed up for 2 or 3 courses. I'll go back through the things though and look for this stuff. Thanks for the tip! We must have just went through the list to quickly or something.

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
He can tell them you are outside waiting. Direct flight is good may be via Netherlands only 5 hours lay off. In this case after clearing customs he will be taken to a room where ircc agent will help him filling necessary docs. All may take longer than an average passenger. Good thing is you will be there outside in case he need more help. License /PR card?health care all help will be given to him how to submit. Lucky YOU ! Wish you guys all the best.
yes the one through Netherlands is a good one. Any other ones has a stop in Vancouver or Toronto. Which is a drag for anyone haha.
Thanks for the tip!! I figured he would take longer though haha.
Thank you!
What is your status?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
yes the one through Netherlands is a good one. Any other ones has a stop in Vancouver or Toronto. Which is a drag for anyone haha.
Thanks for the tip!! I figured he would take longer though haha.
Thank you!
What is your status?
YES sharing experience here, I was flying from Toronto to Alberta. This plane was late over 1 hour, REASON? A cpl (sponsored parents) from India came in at the last whose names were being announced again and again.This was the last flight by A/Canada. I spoke to them they said it's the Immi Dept.which took all time so we are late.So if some 1 is landing in any other city than sponsor's; guys make sure the layover is at least 2-3 hours to deal with the paper works etc..Direct flights cost bit more but peace of mind.

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
YES sharing experience here, I was flying from Toronto to Alberta. This plane was late over 1 hour, REASON? A cpl (sponsored parents) from India came in at the last whose names were being announced again and again.This was the last flight by A/Canada. I spoke to them they said it's the Immi Dept.which took all time so we are late.So if some 1 is landing in any other city than sponsor's; guys make sure the layover is at least 2-3 hours to deal with the paper works etc..Direct flights cost bit more but peace of mind.
haha yes i feel you. My 2nd time coming from India and I got delayed going through customs. I missed my flight and had to wait hours for a new one. Plus AC lost my luggage!
And I had a decent 2 hour or so layover. And I am Canadian. Nothing special for me but it was just SO busy and I had to collect my luggage or so i thought. Maybe I didn't and it was my mistake.

And usually flights don't wait for customs to release people.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
haha yes i feel you. My 2nd time coming from India and I got delayed going through customs. I missed my flight and had to wait hours for a new one. Plus AC lost my luggage!
And I had a decent 2 hour or so layover. And I am Canadian. Nothing special for me but it was just SO busy and I had to collect my luggage or so i thought. Maybe I didn't and it was my mistake.

And usually flights don't wait for customs to release people.
Fully agree :)

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi
I have the Canadian PR.
I am booking my flight from Pakistan to Canada.
Im getting a really good price but need to change airports at London (Heathrow to Getwick)
The UK official website telling that In Transit visa is not required if person has Canadian PR, however travel agents and other ppl are saying that visa is required. So i am confused. Can any one guide me on this

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
Hi
I have the Canadian PR.
I am booking my flight from Pakistan to Canada.
Im getting a really good price but need to change airports at London (Heathrow to Getwick)
The UK official website telling that In Transit visa is not required if person has Canadian PR, however travel agents and other ppl are saying that visa is required. So i am confused. Can any one guide me on this
I have been thru london last yr. no visa was required for me. I am a pr.

Reactions: singleman

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.