+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flights to Canada - any suggestions? (UK to Whitehorse)

Bluehorn

Nov 22, 2012
Any suggestions of cheap flights to Canada?

So far, skyscanner.net seems to be the best one for me, £1,040. I can get cheaper a about £875 by having 2-3 flight changes, but as I'll be working out there, I don't want to run the risk of my luggage being lost/put on the wrong plane/etc etc
(I'm in UK)
...So......just wondering if anyone has anything to offer?

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Bluehorn said:

So far, skyscanner.net seems to be the best one for me, £1,040. I can get cheaper a about £875 by having 2-3 flight changes, but as I'll be working out there, I don't want to run the risk of my luggage being lost/put on the wrong plane/etc etc
(I'm in UK)
Hi,
Have you tried air transat?
Sometimes they give you a good deal.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Bluehorn said:

(I'm in UK)
1. It is going to be difficult for a cheap flight. Your best bet would be to fly to Calgary and book a Calgary to Whitehorse flight on Air North. One way Calgary to whitehorse is about $239 but only flies about 3 times per week. http://www.flyairnorth.com/

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Bluehorn said:

(I'm in UK)
I don't have a clue where Whitehorse is but picking up from PMM's message I guess it is somewhere near to Calgary. Cheapest flights that go out of the U.K by some margin are Canadian Affair/ Airtransat (both the same company). Depending when you want the flight it will get more expensive by the day after the 12th December. On that day a return to the U.K (I believe most of their flights run through LGW) will cost in the region of £550. If however you are flying out nearer Xmas and returning in early January you will probably be looking a lot closer to £850-£900.

This said though it is a direct flight and you don't have to mess about in the U.S.

Bluehorn

Nov 22, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
I don't have a clue where Whitehorse is but picking up from PMM's message I guess it is somewhere near to Calgary.
Whitehorse is the capital city of the Yukon Territory.

Flights are going to be for June 2013, with return flights in September 2013.
I think the flight I found on skyscanner is gonna be my best best :).

Thanks for the info anyways x