+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flights in times of covid

gill_vinny

Jun 29, 2020
Hi,
My husband has an immigrant visa and wants to come to canada in august from India. The flights are from India to Toronto but we live in ottawa. Is it possible for him to get a connecting flight from Toronto to Ottawa after his international flight?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
My husband has an immigrant visa and wants to come to canada in august from India. The flights are from India to Toronto but we live in ottawa. Is it possible for him to get a connecting flight from Toronto to Ottawa after his international flight?
Yes. He will need to quarantine for 14 days.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
He can connect to a flight to Ottawa but must stay airside so should probably buy a through ticket India/Toronto/Ottawa or at least make arrangement where he would not need to exit airside into the main terminal checkin area.

Also assume you know he will complete immigration/customs formalities in Toronto so needs to ensure ample time between flights 2/3 hours generally recommended.

Quarantine plan will need to show plan for what happens when reaching Ottawa

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

vinay9023

May 31, 2019
He can connect to a flight to Ottawa but must stay airside so should probably buy a through ticket India/Toronto/Ottawa or at least make arrangement where he would not need to exit airside into the main terminal checkin area.

Also assume you know he will complete immigration/customs formalities in Toronto so needs to ensure ample time between flights 2/3 hours generally recommended.

Quarantine plan will need to show plan for what happens when reaching Ottawa

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html
I'm also in a similar boat and am flying to Vancouver from India but my final destination is Toronto and that is where I want to do the mandatory 14 day home quarantine. As per your comment, if I book a separate domestic flight from Vancouver to Toronto, won't that work? How can I book a separate domestic flight and remain airside? Can you please guide?