+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flight to Toronto. Time spend at customs. Info needed.

tanzila11

Jul 14, 2016
I am booking a flight from dhaka - doha - montreal - toronto.

Will my study permit be issued at montreal or toronto. some pple told me montreal. waiting time for montreal is 1 hr 50 mins untill next flight to toronto; will this time be enuf to get a study permit issued and to deal with other customs requirement? Should I book a ticket with longer time at montreal? I am planning to send luggage directly to toronto so that i don't have to pick it up at montreal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That should be enough time.

FYI - you'll most likely have to pick up your luggage and take it through customs with you in Toronto.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Your immigration and customs will be in Montreal, since it is first port of entry in Canada. You have to take your luggage in Montreal and put it in your Toronto local flight.

amrit saab

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
ttrajan said:
Your immigration and customs will be in Montreal, since it is first port of entry in Canada. You have to take your luggage in Montreal and put it in your Toronto local flight.
Is they put any type of question while issuing study permit in canda at airport, if yes what type of question they put pls tell me cause I am worried

amrit saab

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
yyzstudent said:
They will ask questions.
what type of question ,like how much difficult to give answer of those question
or do they put just general question
pls tell me , i am worried

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
amrit saab said:
what type of question ,like how much difficult to give answer of those question
or do they put just general question
pls tell me , i am worried
Really? You think that based on my entry and the questions I was asked, I know what they will ask you?

Every individual is different. Every officer is different. Every case is different. There is no way to tell what you will be asked.

Rockonplease

Jun 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 April 2016
tanzila11 said:
I am booking a flight from dhaka - doha - montreal - toronto.

Will my study permit be issued at montreal or toronto. some pple told me montreal. waiting time for montreal is 1 hr 50 mins untill next flight to toronto; will this time be enuf to get a study permit issued and to deal with other customs requirement? Should I book a ticket with longer time at montreal? I am planning to send luggage directly to toronto so that i don't have to pick it up at montreal.
If you have a domestic connecting flight they will process your application quicker. There will probably be a separate queue for people in your situation.