+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flight - Please confirm if this will work

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is an eye opener.
Not surprised that PCR requirement is not being enforced. Seems like airlines have come to realize that they are only needing to show the PCR test from the last transit location and Canada is trusting that they verified the previous PCR test at other transit locations.

Also don’t think airlines were stopping people if they tested positive because for weeks every flight landing from the Ethiopia flight had at least one positive case.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Yes the requirement was that anyone arriving from Indian via indirect routes have to do a PCR test at every transit stop.
Can I see a link for this? The government says one test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure of the last direct flight to Canada, even if it is a connecting flight

Reactions: Aaqil

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can I see a link for this? The government says one test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure of the last direct flight to Canada, even if it is a connecting flight
I stand corrected. It used to be a PCR test at every transit location. It is now only the last transit location.

sak1001

Jul 22, 2021
@Catmom I was trying to book a flight from India to Mexico and then to Canada but they included short layovers at London Heathrow airport. Is the UK allowing Indians to transit through the airport even though they are listed in the red code. I checked the UK gov’s website but there is no page with clear answers about travellers from India. Anyone else knows?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
@Catmom I was trying to book a flight from India to Mexico and then to Canada but they included short layovers at London Heathrow airport. Is the UK allowing Indians to transit through the airport even though they are listed in the red code. I checked the UK gov’s website but there is no page with clear answers about travellers from India. Anyone else knows?
Gosh. I wish I had an answer to this but I don't....

I am planning to go via Maldives - spend 3-4 days there and then onwards and upwards...

Sblue

May 19, 2021
From the aviation industry and living the rules with every breathing second.
For Indian passengers, direct flight is banned which means a PCR test taken in India in not valid but a third country PCR test which is not on Canada's ban list is fine and you need just ONE PCR test and not at every stop.
For Pakistani passengers, flights going direct (also counted as direct if transiting), PCR test taken 72 hours prior to boarding is the requirement.

Reactions: Catmom