+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flight from India to Canada

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hi, my university is on the list of approved DLIs and my study permit was approved in January 2020. Would I be able to book a flight for December from India to Canada or is there still an issue? Like, are flights allowing non-Citizens/non-PRs? My Winter 2021 classes will be fully online by the way. Asking this because I have to confirm/ reject my residence offer by tonight.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hi, my university is on the list of approved DLIs and my study permit was approved in January 2020. Would I be able to book a flight for December from India to Canada or is there still an issue? Like, are flights allowing non-Citizens/non-PRs? My Winter 2021 classes will be fully online by the way. Asking this because I have to confirm/ reject my residence offer by tonight.
Yes you can travel to Canada. This information is available online and can be found on Canada's official website. Additionally your university should be conveying this update to travel restrictions to you.

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Yes you can travel to Canada. This information is available online and can be found on Canada's official website. Additionally your university should be conveying this update to travel restrictions to you.
Yeah I saw that too and the university also informed us but when I search for flights (Air Canada, United Airlines) before January, the website says "Travel is open for: Canadian citizens and PR. Immediate and extended family members of Canadian citizens can fly, subject to certain conditions" https://www.makemytrip.com/flight/search?tripType=O&itinerary=DEL-YHZ-25/12/2020&paxType=A-1&cabinClass=E&intl=false

So I just wanted to confirm if students are allowed to book the flights.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your school needs to have an approved quarantine plan in order for you to travel. You'll nee to follow their plan if you want to come to Canada. I would warn you that there is higher unemployment in Canada these days so if you are counting on working part-time that may not be possible.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Higher unemployment, higher cost of living, still required to return to home country after spending a fortune on fees, yet people still want to go to Canada!!

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Your school needs to have an approved quarantine plan in order for you to travel. You'll nee to follow their plan if you want to come to Canada. I would warn you that there is higher unemployment in Canada these days so if you are counting on working part-time that may not be possible.
Does that mean we can't live off campus?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Someone's bitter!