+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flight booking

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
Got my visa, but i've never booked a flight before and never been on a plane. Could you tell me which is the best airlines to travel from India to Canada (Toronto).

Also how should i book ticket, through agent or online? Whats the diffrence between these two. Please help, I'm so confused.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Try Lufthansa. They are cheaper from India to canada. Book thro agent. It will fly via Frankfurt Germany.

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
ttrajan said:
Try Lufthansa. They are cheaper from India to canada. Book thro agent. It will fly via Frankfurt Germany.
Thanks buddy... that was helpful coz I was also thinking of same airline and now I'm confirmed.

But why agent? Isn't it cheaper online?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
They will give more options. Some time other airlines may be cheaper. Also if you want to change the schedule, it will be easier thro agent. Cost wise not much difference. I used to book thro agents only. We can pay by cash, credit card or cheque.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
gagsv said:
Got my visa, but i've never booked a flight before and never been on a plane. Could you tell me which is the best airlines to travel from India to Canada (Toronto).

Also how should i book ticket, through agent or online? Whats the diffrence between these two. Please help, I'm so confused.
Hi gagsv,
Normally there are several factors before one decides which tickets like.

Travel time; stops; route; stop-over time; red-eye flight; connecting airlines; reputation; inflight entertainment; cost; personal preference as foo and loyalty program member etc.
Although some of these are not relevant when you are traveling half way across the globe and that to for the first time.

I prefer JETAIRWAYS as they have the best connection; veg food; entertainment and to top it all there is a special promotion NOW which is 30% lower as per their advertisement.

However I recommend you should compare prices of short-listed routes/airlines using websites like www.kayak.com or Expedia etc and conclude.
Then buying through agent or yourselves over web is only a matter of convenience. I always found web purchase cheaper by 3% than agent.

Trust me as I have taken 1025 takeoffs in last 24 years and I do not work for Jetairways.

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
Indian applicant said:
Hi gagsv,
Normally there are several factors before one decides which tickets like.

Travel time; stops; route; stop-over time; red-eye flight; connecting airlines; reputation; inflight entertainment; cost; personal preference as foo and loyalty program member etc.
Although some of these are not relevant when you are traveling half way across the globe and that to for the first time.

I prefer JETAIRWAYS as they have the best connection; veg food; entertainment and to top it all there is a special promotion NOW which is 30% lower as per their advertisement.

However I recommend you should compare prices of short-listed routes/airlines using websites like www.kayak.com or Expedia etc and conclude.
Then buying through agent or yourselves over web is only a matter of convenience. I always found web purchase cheaper by 3% than agent.

Trust me as I have taken 1025 takeoffs in last 24 years and I do not work for Jetairways.
Excellent advise. I thought Jet is not good.

Yes...I have checked Kayak, Lufthansa and Jet Airways has got the cheapest fares next month. I also checked 2014 Airline Awards and Qatar is at no.4 and Lufthansa at 10, which, all of my society in Punjab prefers. But agent said Qatar is not feasible anymore. He gave me option of Jet Airways.

So, now I need to choose from Jet and Lufthansa.

Thanks Guys, That really helped.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Check the waiting time for Jet Airways? Last time I waited 10 hours in London airport.

ha4578

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-2-2010
AOR Received.
30-3-2010
Med's Request
06-1-20114
Med's Done....
06-02-2014
Passport Req..
16-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-01-2015
I do recommend this website
I use it when I did my lading
https://www.ticketsjo.com/

Best of luck

HA

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
dont go thru AGENTS. book online if you have valid Credit card or paypal account.

if you need help let me know ill get you better deal online.

i travel very often and always book online. dont take direct flights it will be hard for you and dont book ticket with long stays its also hard for u to stay at airport unless you got permission to go out airport.

best option come via heathrow or dubai. coz they allow you to go out and come back again.

inbox me anytime for help.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Check Etihad airways . Got some good experience with this airlines and check different dates to get the best offer.

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
ttrajan said:
Check the waiting time for Jet Airways? Last time I waited 10 hours in London airport.
I'll do check that, cant wait that much at an airport with wife and 1.5 year old baby.
2-3 hours is okay.

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
ha4578 said:
I do recommend this website
I use it when I did my lading
https://www.ticketsjo.com/

Best of luck

HA
Thanks, I'll check that too... all I am doing right now is getting all kinda info on the web :)

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
vehla_ji said:
dont go thru AGENTS. book online if you have valid Credit card or paypal account.

if you need help let me know ill get you better deal online.

i travel very often and always book online. dont take direct flights it will be hard for you and dont book ticket with long stays its also hard for u to stay at airport unless you got permission to go out airport.

best option come via heathrow or dubai. coz they allow you to go out and come back again.

inbox me anytime for help.
You see? That's why I am confused, I've always booked my bus tickets and train tickets online, and I'm also comfortable with that. But a lot of people are saying agents are better in case of flights, because they give you some kinda "inside info" (I really don't know what that means).

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
gagsv said:
You see? That's why I am confused, I've always booked my bus tickets and train tickets online, and I'm also comfortable with that. But a lot of people are saying agents are better in case of flights, because they give you some kinda "inside info" (I really don't know what that means).
if agent get you deal how they gonna make money? that mean they always got higher price. i checked from delhi to toronto its $826. go for online.

Sandhu21

Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
File Transfer...
19-02-2015 (Process Started)
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015, Third Line update- 08 April 2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
soon
check out Jet airways site..

they giving 30% off on booking if done today ie before 04 june 2015 (11.59 hours)