+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flight booking only prior 22 days of studies

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Is it true that you can book your flight only before 22 days of beginning your classes, a friend of mine was denied boarding the flight because he had booked his flight approximately 1 month before his class start date. He was asked to book his flight again during 22 days timeline. Any inputs guys!!

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Which airline? Don't think the airline should be making that decision, it's up to the immigration officer at the destination airport. From what I have read on this forum, people have travelled even 2 months before their program start.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Which airline? Don't think the airline should be making that decision, it's up to the immigration officer at the destination airport. From what I have read on this forum, people have travelled even 2 months before their program start.
Correct, flights are not making that decision. During check in, papers are being shared with Canadian immigration department and they are giving on spot decisions whether a person should be allowed to onboard. This is specifically happening with Air India flights and any other flight from India is not part of Air bubble so you really can't book a transit flight at the moment.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Is it true that you can book your flight only before 22 days of beginning your classes, a friend of mine was denied boarding the flight because he had booked his flight approximately 1 month before his class start date. He was asked to book his flight again during 22 days timeline. Any inputs guys!!
Being denied has nothing to do with when you book your flights. You're making false correlations.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Being denied has nothing to do with when you book your flights. You're making false correlations.
Pardon me, what i meant wasn't flight booking, i meant flight boarding. So, basically you can't fly if you are a student and trying to board a flight prior 22 days or farther.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Pardon me, what i meant wasn't flight booking, i meant flight boarding. So, basically you can't fly if you are a student and trying to board a flight prior 22 days or farther.
Please check your original post, you do say "book"

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
what’s the conclusion can we book transit flight ? (In my case Doha)

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
what’s the conclusion can we book transit flight ? (In my case Doha)
Some people have been able to successfully board their transit flights but some have not been. So, it's very subjective and varying case to case. Try your luck I would say and find out for yourself.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
So hope you get the point, and i also said pardon above.
Oh yes, I didn't see your post, you must have posted just before me. So can someone travel, for example, 2 months before the program start? I'm sure students have travelled in Feb/Mar when program start is May.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Oh yes, I didn't see your post, you must have posted just before me. So can someone travel, for example, 2 months before the program start? I'm sure students have travelled in Feb/Mar when program start is May.
I am not sure if that's totally correct or perhaps applicable to all the countries, because the situation is very different here in India. People are getting denied to board their flights for silly reasons including students if their studies are not starting within 22 days from boarding flight. Another case I know where a PR approved person was denied boarding the flight saying your travel is nondiscretionary and you can't travel to Canada right now. Probably because he was traveling for the first time after his PR being approved. This all seem vague and very confusing at this point.