+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpolling or appointment at CIC office? Please advise.

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hello Everyone,
My spouse is currently on a visitor's visa. I applied outland for her PR.

Currently the passport is in Ottawa for stamping. She does not belong to a visa exempt country and does not have a US visitor's visa. I was wondering what would be the best way to get the COPR and PR activated?

Can we go to the Niagara border to do this? or the other way I read somewhere is to make an appointment with CIC Office?

Please advise?
Thank You!

81jim

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
05-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-04-2017
Hey there, so she can do it either way, but if you want a quick(ish) idea of how the process is for the CIC office appointment, I posted my experiences here a few weeks back. Dealing with the call centre to set up an appointment is a little bit annoying (I'm assuming you're Toronto-based if you're looking at the Niagara border) and I'd suggest knowing where your nearest CIC office is ahead of time or they might try to send you somewhere odd, but other than that, it wasn't really a whole lot of trouble - plus she can get her SIN at the same time.

Reactions: SHIVAAY

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Currently the passport is in Ottawa for stamping. She does not belong to a visa exempt country and does not have a US visitor's visa. I was wondering what would be the best way to get the COPR and PR activated?

Can we go to the Niagara border to do this? or the other way I read somewhere is to make an appointment with CIC Office?
She doesn't require a US visa to flagpole. She would just need to let CBP know that she is flagpoling; they will give her an admin refusal and turn her back around to land in Canada. It can take weeks/months to get an appointment with IRCC to land, so flagpoling is generally the best option.

Yes, she can land at the Niagara border.

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hey there, so she can do it either way, but if you want a quick(ish) idea of how the process is for the CIC office appointment, I posted my experiences here a few weeks back. Dealing with the call centre to set up an appointment is a little bit annoying (I'm assuming you're Toronto-based if you're looking at the Niagara border) and I'd suggest knowing where your nearest CIC office is ahead of time or they might try to send you somewhere odd, but other than that, it wasn't really a whole lot of trouble - plus she can get her SIN at the same time.

Thank you. I will definitely read your experience :)