+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling with criminal charges

crystal_heart

Mar 31, 2014
Hey everyone
I wanna know if anybody did flagpoling with criminal charges ?
Now the charges are withdrawn. Are they gonna affect permanent residency ?
Because on copr ,they ask bout charges,conviction etc .
If we answer yes to that,will cic ask for documents again regarding that ?
Tell if something same happened to anyone

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
crystal_heart said:
Hey everyone
I wanna know if anybody did flagpoling with criminal charges ?
Now the charges are withdrawn. Are they gonna affect permanent residency ?
Because on copr ,they ask bout charges,conviction etc .
If we answer yes to that,will cic ask for documents again regarding that ?
Tell if something same happened to anyone
Hi Crystal.

I'm not a expert in this but I have seen a case.. My friend got his COPR n same time he has a court case pending for drunk n drive , he went to do the landing in Niagra (I think) and they CBSA denied him landing and they said once ur case is done and u r not guilty then only they will allow to land him for PR..

crystal_heart

Mar 31, 2014
What happened to your friends case ?
Please tell me
Coz cbsa agent allow me to land after half an hour .
But she mentioned it's not a guarantee that you will get your PR .
She said it's gonna be denied if cic wants .
She said that copr (stating criminal chRges as yes) will be sent to cic .
Then cic will decide whether to grant permanent residency or no ..
Will they ask for clarification before pR card is issued or even after that

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I suspect CIC is verifying if your charges were really withdrawn. If the charges were all withdrawn then you should have no issues getting a PR card. If the charges were not withdrawn then CIC will deny you PR status.

crystal_heart

Mar 31, 2014
Thanks Scylla for replying
You know what ,I already sent court document with withdrawn charges to CIC when my file was in process . Everythjng went fine and I was issued immigrant visa .
Now this cbsa agent has put me into trouble again . She sent my copr ( stating criminal charges as yes )back to copr . I don't know if she is writing extra about my charges to cic .
Either immigration will ask for my charges again or they Gonna do another criminal background check requesting more rcmp police clearance .
This is gonna delay my pr card

baj

Nov 30, 2014
heyyy hi crystal heart !!! did u got ur pr status !!! and type of charges u were having on you???

sngmng

Jul 8, 2018
GTA
I suspect CIC is verifying if your charges were really withdrawn. If the charges were all withdrawn then you should have no issues getting a PR card. If the charges were not withdrawn then CIC will deny you PR status.
hi i was just wondering, dont CIC do background check before issuing COPR? why does CBSa ask again at the border/

thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
hi i was just wondering, dont CIC do background check before issuing COPR? why does CBSa ask again at the border/

thanks
Well obviously anything can have happened between a COPR being issued and landing. Someone could have robbed a bank, been convicted of a DUI or any other crime either charged or charges pending that even with a COPR in hand could make them inadmissible.

It is just part of the process and until the landing is completed someone has no more rights in effect than a visitor or temporary resident so advice to anyone is to keep a clean sheet not that shouldn’t do so as well even post landing.

Also just for future reference best to try avoiding opening up a 4 year old thread, create a new discussion thread instead.

Last edited:

sngmng

Jul 8, 2018
GTA
Well obviously anything can have happened between a COPR being issued and landing. Someone could have robbed a bank, been convicted of a DUI or any other crime either charged or charges pending that even with a COPR in hand could make them inadmissible.

It is just part of the process and until the landing is completed someone has no more rights in effect than a visitor or temporary resident so advice to anyone is to keep a clean sheet not that shouldn’t do so as well even post landing.

Also just for future reference best to try avoiding opening up a 4 year old thread, create a new discussion thread instead.
thanks for the reply. i have started a new thread.