+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling to renew tourist status (visa waiver program)

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi all,

My girlfriend is Croatian and benefits from the visa waiver program. She can come to Canada for periods of 90 days at a time.

Can she go to the USA for a few days and come back to Canada to renew her 90 day tourist status (thus extending it for another 90 days)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

My girlfriend is Croatian and benefits from the visa waiver program. She can come to Canada for periods of 90 days at a time.

Can she go to the USA for a few days and come back to Canada to renew her 90 day tourist status (thus extending it for another 90 days)?
She could be granted up to a 6 month stay. She risks being denied entry back into Canada if she does this. She should attempt to extend her visitor status online. Much safer option.

Reactions: BillyWescott

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
She could be granted up to a 6 month stay. She risks being denied entry back into Canada if she does this. She should attempt to extend her visitor status online. Much safer option.
Thanks @canuck78. Do they automatically issue a 5-6 month stay authorization for eTA visitors? I don't know why I remembered that the period was 90 days, but I'm probably confusing with the US policy.