+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling for LMIA while waiting for Visitor extension

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update:

My brother got his work permit approved at the border. We went to Kingston and it all went to really smooth

Reactions: vkamath

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now, can he travel out of Canada with his paper closed work permit or must he apply for a TRV? Note, he has multiple entry visit visa and got an extension on the visitor record 1 day prior to getting the work permit approved.

Ewedu

Feb 5, 2023
Update:

My brother got his work permit approved at the border. We went to Kingston and it all went to really smooth
Congrats, can you explain in detail of how you guys go about it. What documents did he presented at the border.

Felixity

Jan 29, 2024
Good Luck I did flag pole and approved work permit. It all depends on the officer, Make sure you are prepare everything.
For me they questioned for 45 min and took 2 hrs before they approve it.

I accompanied my dad, he could not speak English.
Please what are the required documents to carry along?

punjabi.sh3ra

Jan 30, 2024
Here's my brother's situation:

Landed here as a visitor 6 months ago with hopes of finding work in his area (has experience as cook back home) and applied for visitor extension 1 month ago. While waiting for the outcome of the extension, he got an offer with LMIA from a restaurant. We are thinking to go to the border and do the flagpoling, through which he could get a closed work permit instantaneously

Questions:
  • Is flag poling allowed in this scenario?
  • Given the visitor extension request in progress, would that raise any red flags that would result in:
    • rejection of work permit
    • refusal of his entry back into Canada at that point
don’t go for flagpoling until lmia has been proved.