+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling Experience

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Hi All,

Just wanted to share experience regarding flagpoling we did today. My Fiancee just completed her 1 year course and it was taking long time to process the mail application (106 days when i checked) and for Online (52 days). She needed the work permit as she was getting a full time opportunity to work in her own field. We decided to do flagpoling to get the post graduate work permit. This is what we did at border on both sides i.e USA and Canada.

We got to USA border (Rainbow Bridge) around 12 o clock and when officer asked us about our visit we told we are flagpoling. He checked our id's (passport preferably). After checking thoroughly he gave us our passports back. He then instructed us to park on the left side closing to the building. In about 5 minutes another office came and he gave us white paper which showed we have been denied entry to USA. He then asked us to follow him to the gate where he would let us out of there and go towards to the canadian border. Once we were out of there we paid toll (4.25$ canadian). Then we headed towards canadian border.

For Canadian Border once we were at the window officer asked us about our id's and he checked the US side paper of denied entry. He asked us couple of questions regarding if we brought anything from states and stuff like that. After checking all the paperwork he gave us yellow paper and instructed us towards the canadian side border office. We parked our car and entered the office. We gave all our paperwork to the officer and he asked us to wait for our turn. It took about 2 hours when we got called in. Officer just confirmed with my fiance about her course how long it was and all that. In the end she was given the work permit by paying the required fees of 255$. All in All good experience.

Documents required-: Passport, Valid Study Permit, Graduation Letter, Official Transcript.

ALSO YOU DONT NEED US TOURIST VISA TO ENTER USA. AND EVEN IF YOU HAVE ONE THIS ENTRY DOESNT SHOW IN THE RECORD OF YOUR VISA THAT YOU WERE DENIED ENTRY.

Hope this will be helpful to everyone.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Tha
Hi All,

Just wanted to share experience regarding flagpoling we did today. My Fiancee just completed her 1 year course and it was taking long time to process the mail application (106 days when i checked) and for Online (52 days). She needed the work permit as she was getting a full time opportunity to work in her own field. We decided to do flagpoling to get the post graduate work permit. This is what we did at border on both sides i.e USA and Canada.

We got to USA border (Rainbow Bridge) around 12 o clock and when officer asked us about our visit we told we are flagpoling. He checked our id's (passport preferably). After checking thoroughly he gave us our passports back. He then instructed us to park on the left side closing to the building. In about 5 minutes another office came and he gave us white paper which showed we have been denied entry to USA. He then asked us to follow him to the gate where he would let us out of there and go towards to the canadian border. Once we were out of there we paid toll (4.25$ canadian). Then we headed towards canadian border.

For Canadian Border once we were at the window officer asked us about our id's and he checked the US side paper of denied entry. He asked us couple of questions regarding if we brought anything from states and stuff like that. After checking all the paperwork he gave us yellow paper and instructed us towards the canadian side border office. We parked our car and entered the office. We gave all our paperwork to the officer and he asked us to wait for our turn. It took about 2 hours when we got called in. Officer just confirmed with my fiance about her course how long it was and all that. In the end she was given the work permit by paying the required fees of 255$. All in All good experience.

Documents required-: Passport, Valid Study Permit, Graduation Letter, Official Transcript.

ALSO YOU DONT NEED US TOURIST VISA TO ENTER USA. AND EVEN IF YOU HAVE ONE THIS ENTRY DOESNT SHOW IN THE RECORD OF YOUR VISA THAT YOU WERE DENIED ENTRY.

Thank you so much. I am flagpoling today. Thanks for sharing this information.

Llllll22

Jun 21, 2017
Hi.did you bring a photo with you? Cause that was required on the website for online applications. Also, did you bring the filled out forms as well?

Coconutmom

Oct 10, 2018
Hi. My husband is a filipino on trv applying for a TFW work permit and was recently declined of the WP at Toronto Airport. He was told to process the Work Visa outside Canada. He has the complete documents (LMIA, Employer expression for Provincial Nomination after 6mo contract). He arrived last saturday and instead of issuance of Work Permit, he was given a 6mo stay (until April 19, 2019).

May I ask if we can apply flagpoling in this case? We have 2 friends who did this last May 2019 but we’re unsure. They went to Maine Border. Please help!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi. My husband is a filipino on trv applying for a TFW work permit and was recently declined of the WP at Toronto Airport. He was told to process the Work Visa outside Canada. He has the complete documents (LMIA, Employer expression for Provincial Nomination after 6mo contract). He arrived last saturday and instead of issuance of Work Permit, he was given a 6mo stay (until April 19, 2019).

May I ask if we can apply flagpoling in this case? We have 2 friends who did this last May 2019 but we’re unsure. They went to Maine Border. Please help!
Others can comment as well as Cannot answer your specific question but why if refused at airport would you think flagpoling which in effect same as arriving at an airport is going to make any difference. You need to follow through on the rejection reasons and fix those. By all means try flagpoling and if you succeed good for you but does not seen likely now the immigration record will have a note about the denial at the airport.

Coconutmom

Oct 10, 2018
We are looking into flagpoling as 2 of our friends who are on tfw work permit entered via flagpoling. All 3 (including my husband) of them Philippine passport holders, the only difference is the first 2 friends who entered via flagpoling came from the US as tourists unlike my husband who came from Manila. They have the same employer/documents presented.

The visa officer at Toronto Airport did not give my husband any refusal letter/document what he said was to get work visa/permit outside Canada. Hence, we are considering flagpoling.

I am not sure if this is what i’ve read on “administrative refusal” not necessarily denied of work permit. He was issued a 6mos stay as tourist.

I hope someone can enlighten me on this. Thank you!

nauman25

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Hi All,

can i flagpole from Ontario with Atlantic immigration work permit, i i have been endorsed by PEI