+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling Concerns and issues

madhurichopra

Aug 17, 2018
Hello Guys!
I've already applied for Permanent residency in February and while filling the background declaration form, I answered 'No' to the question that asks 'Have you ever been refused or denied entry in any country?'
However, I had to do the flagpole recently to get my work permit renewed. I went to the US border side and told the officer that I'm here to do the flagpole in order to get my work permit from the CBSA. She told me to wait inside the building and gave me a piece of paper which stated that "The alien(s) has been allowed to withdraw the application. And it was also written that This individual had a stated intention of returning back to Canada in order to process the immigrant benefit forms with CBSA. The individuals were not admitted or paroled in the United States. But the heading of that sheet of paper was 'Notice of Refusal/Parole in the United States.I'm worried about it as this incident happened when my application for PR was already in process. I'm not sure if it is a actual refusal of entry and has to be declared or not. If I don't declare it, Would I be charged for misrepresentation? I'm too much worried about this. I'll be very thankful to anyone who can assist me with this.
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Guys!
I've already applied for Permanent residency in February and while filling the background declaration form, I answered 'No' to the question that asks 'Have you ever been refused or denied entry in any country?'
However, I had to do the flagpole recently to get my work permit renewed. I went to the US border side and told the officer that I'm here to do the flagpole in order to get my work permit from the CBSA. She told me to wait inside the building and gave me a piece of paper which stated that "The alien(s) has been allowed to withdraw the application. And it was also written that This individual had a stated intention of returning back to Canada in order to process the immigrant benefit forms with CBSA. The individuals were not admitted or paroled in the United States. But the heading of that sheet of paper was 'Notice of Refusal/Parole in the United States.I'm worried about it as this incident happened when my application for PR was already in process. I'm not sure if it is a actual refusal of entry and has to be declared or not. If I don't declare it, Would I be charged for misrepresentation? I'm too much worried about this. I'll be very thankful to anyone who can assist me with this.
Thank you
Hi

You are worrying for nothing. You don't need to do anything about this.

Param1991

May 16, 2021
Hi

I have kind of same question. I entered US port of entry by taking a wrong turn

But US port officer directed me back to canada.

I entered canada back through canadian port of entry.

Should I consider it denied entry just confused