+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling at Rainbow Bridge

karmicYogi

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Hi,

Did any one do a Landing at Rainbow Bridge, Niagra falls, recently?

I do not have a US visa, can I walk out of Canada go to US side and get the Denial of entry and come back?

Do I need VISA for it?

I am kinda scared of going to Trump's Amercia right now.

Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
This might help you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/there-is-no-pot-of-gold-at-the-end-of-the-rainbowbridge-my-flagpole-experience-t488281.0.html

ash1040

Feb 16, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
IELTS Request
19-11-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Yes. you can do that as long as you have a valid Canadian visa. You will be sent back at the border itself. One of my friend had to go through this because she forgot to carry her passport while crossing the Rainbow Bridge.

Tmys

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Passport Req..
29-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
karmicYogi said:
Hi,

I do not have a US visa, can I walk out of Canada go to US side and get the Denial of entry and come back?

Do I need VISA for it?

Thanks
Go to Queenston-Lewiston if you can. I went 9pm on a Monday night and there was no wait. Drove up to the US border, got a flagpole slip and drove straight back to Canada. 30 mins later, everything was done.

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
karmicYogi said:
Hi,

Do I need VISA for it?

Thanks

I would recommend going to the lewiston bridge like what the other poster suggested. I went to flagpole at the rainbow bridge last week at 10. Also without a visa, everything fine in the US. But had to wait 3.5 hours on the Canada side to then be told to go home cause they didn't have time for the 30 or do people flagging that night. Drove to the lewiston bridge, flagpoled again cause you have too. Then it was about a 45 minute wait and was done. Got to the hotel at 2:30am and had a nice sleep after a stressful day.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
slw said:
But had to wait 3.5 hours on the Canada side to then be told to go home cause they didn't have time for the 30 or do people flagging that night.
Wait, how does that work? So they told you to just go home into Canada again? Presumably you already had one still valid status and were just looking to activate PR or something?

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
Bloodrose said:
Wait, how does that work? So they told you to just go home into Canada again? Presumably you already had one still valid status and were just looking to activate PR or something?
I, and I'm assuming everyone else flagpole had valid status in Canada while they were waiting to be process for pr. But yeah told us to go home cause it may take up to 48 hours before they get to us.12 refugees crossed and they were busy with them they said Everyone had 2 main questions when you were told that we should leave.

1) what's our status in Canada now that we flagged poled?
2) if we leave do we have to flagpole again.

We were still valid in Canada and had to flagpole again. It was not a fun experience to say the least. That's why we went to lewiston and got it done there with very little issue

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
karmicYogi said:
Hi,

Do I need VISA for it?

Thanks
TBH I will not suggest you to do a flagpole, if you can avoid it.

I know many people who did that in past and now they face repercussions of the same. Everytime they try to enter US they are flagged and questioned.
Although they did nothing wrong but the system tells the Border officials that they were denied entry.

It will also cause you issues when you would want to get US visa.

I recon go get a reservation for landing which can be done in many cities. or travel to your home country and land when you return.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
kirtivsingh said:
TBH I will not suggest you to do a flagpole, if you can avoid it.

I know many people who did that in past and now they face repercussions of the same. Every time they try to enter US they are flagged and questioned.
Although they did nothing wrong but the system tells the Border officials that they were denied entry.

It will also cause you issues when you would want to get US visa.

I recon go get a reservation for landing which can be done in many cities. or travel to your home country and land when you return.
I agree. If you have USA visa then simply cross the border rather than getting refusal. If not then avoid avoid the border.

Denial is a Denial.

Tmys

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Passport Req..
29-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
RiZ92 said:
I agree. If you have USA visa then simply cross the border rather than getting refusal. If not then avoid avoid the border.

Denial is a Denial.
But it's not. I have a US Visa and chose to flagpole.

No questions asked, no stamps on passport from the US side.

My friend flagpoled a couple of times for his work permit and has been back to the US multiple times without any issue..... with a Pakistani Passport.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Tmys said:

My friend flagpoled a couple of times for his work permit and has been back to the US multiple times without any issue..... with a Pakistani Passport.
There won't be any stamps if you get denial of Entry/rejection of Visa in USA or Canada. It is all electronic.
I am recommending, If you have visa then cross the border.

It is totally person's choice and thinks best.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Tmys said:

It is not always the bad times that needs to be avoided. Some people might have been in and out no issues. But to take the chance of getting a denial when you can avoid it.
It is not stamped on your passport but is a record of denial in their system next to your passport number.
and with the current governance in USA, people are getting denied for not doing anything wrong, do you really think it is a good idea to take that chance.

IF so go for it :)

karmicYogi

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
kirtivsingh said:
It is not always the bad times that needs to be avoided. Some people might have been in and out no issues. But to take the chance of getting a denial when you can avoid it.
It is not stamped on your passport but is a record of denial in their system next to your passport number.
and with the current governance in USA, people are getting denied for not doing anything wrong, do you really think it is a good idea to take that chance.

IF so go for it :)
Hey guys, I booked an appointment with CIC, they should get back to me with in 2-3 weeks. Yeah, I considered not to go and flagpole in USA, since I am beautifully brown for all i know they might just stamp my passport and enter into the system that I was denied VISA.

I got my brother in US and would like to visit him someday so I can't take chances with that.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
karmicYogi said:
Hey guys, I booked an appointment with CIC, they should get back to me with in 2-3 weeks. Yeah, I considered not to go and flagpole in USA, since I am beautifully brown for all i know they might just stamp my passport and enter into the system that I was denied VISA.

I got my brother in US and would like to visit him someday so I can't take chances with that.
Wise Decision

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Went on a Monday evening (05th June 2017) at Rainbow bridge, 5 mins at US customs and back to Canada border which took hardly 30 mins for landing procedure. Everyone was super nice especially Canadian side. Weekday is much better. All the best folks.

Reactions: lachy_