+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling at Cornwall, ON experiences?

BradyAhran

Jun 5, 2019
Hi!

Im visiting my wife who is an International student in Toronto and I'm going to be applying for a SOWP, however since I'm from a visa exempt country, we would like to flagpole at a U.S Border after my initial arrival.

The reason Cornwall specifically is because:

- for Niagara and Sarnia, I've read not so great things about the officers attitude, combined that with the limited operating hours and the wait times, we ruled it out.

- The next closest border is Thousand Islands, alot of great things were written about this border, but neither of us can drive, and there's no public transport here, so we had to rule it out.

- Cornwall has a straight train from Toronto, however I can't find too much information about people's experiences there.

Mainly I'm concerned about whether the Border officers are overly mean and have a tendency to shoo people away/reject for little-no reason, or that the border is so obscure and lacking of senior officers that they just may not have much information on the visa procedure.

I understand that every officer is different, but I would like to know anyone's experience to get a general idea.

Can anyone whose been there and done any kind of visa work talk about how the procedure went there? (Also any experience on applying for a SOWP at the border regardless would be helpful)

Deepak@IN06

Mar 22, 2019
Hi
What happened with your application ?
I am planning to do the same at Montreal or 1000 islands.
thanks in advance

gcastrobh

Jul 31, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-09-2019
Did anyone go to Cornwall recently and could share your experience?
I'm in Ottawa and I hear that this is the best option.
Thanks

Reactions: LindaAl