Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Matthew Iwama said:
My friend, see the attached screenshots of a CBSA Memorandum regarding this topic:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/015280u109

http://awesomescreenshot.com/066280u2df

http://awesomescreenshot.com/029280u411
Hey , those are very clear about this topic . When I applied was on March 1st ,2012 and I had one of the worst experiences of my life that day , that memo was dated march 2007 thou , how do we know that is still in effect

APOLS

Mar 28, 2012
Hi,

I read some of your post and I believe that you can help us with our problem right now

My sister (Philippine citizen). She came here in Canada with a tourist visa for 14 months now and still has a valid visa as tourist. She found an employer who wants to hire her to work as a nanny, got an LMO for the Live-in Caregiver (she qualify the criteria) which is expiring in 2 months from now. My Questions:

1. Which office can we send her work permit application while she is still in Canada (tourist)?

2. Can we submit it online while in Canada? She doesn`t need a medical again I believe as she took one already within 12 months during her extension?

3. I also heard of going through the flag pole, how does that work? Is it done in one day?

4. Can't we just apply and submit it within Canada and use the form "Change in Condition Status " or Live-in caregiver program, change in status condition?

5. She got approved of a US visa as well which is very helpful just in case.

We heard from a friend`s friend before who applied for a work permit while under the visit visa and applied for a work permit, got a pproved ,however, it was a regualr nanny job (TFW) and not under the LCP even if she had the LCP LMO.

You response is much appreciated.

Thanks.

apol_s

APOLS

Mar 28, 2012
Hi,

I read some of your post and I believe that you can help us with our problem right now

My sister (Philippine citizen). She came here in Canada with a tourist visa for 14 months now and still has a valid visa as tourist. She found an employer who wants to hire her to work as a nanny, got an LMO for the Live-in Caregiver (she qualify the criteria) which is expiring in 2 months from now. My Questions:

1. Which office can we send her work permit application while she is still in Canada (tourist)?

2. Can we submit it online while in Canada? She doesn`t need a medical again I believe as she took one already within 12 months during her extension?

3. I also heard of going through the flag pole, how does that work? Is it done in one day?

4. Can't we just apply and submit it within Canada and use the form "Change in Condition Status " or Live-in caregiver program, change in status condition?

We heard from a friend`s friend before who applied for a work permit while under the visit visa and applied for a work permit, got a pproved ,however, it was a regualr nanny job (TFW) and not under the LCP even if she had the LCP LMO.

Thanks.

apol_s

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
APOLS said:
Hi,

1. Which office can we send her work permit application while she is still in Canada (tourist)?new york visa office

2. Can we submit it online while in Canada? only by mail She doesn`t need a medical again I believe as she took one already within 12 months during her extension? I am not sure of this one as all live in caregivers are required to under go a medical examination

3. I also heard of going through the flag pole, how does that work? Yes she can go through the border after she received her letter of introductions, it is a one day
4. Can't we just apply and submit it within Canada and use the form "Change in Condition Status " or Live-in caregiver program, change in status condition? If she plans to apply for PR under the program she needs to apply for her work permit outside canada or else she will not be qualified for Pr after 2 years of working as live in caregiver.

Thanks.

apol_s

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your questions have all been previously answered. Flapoling is not possible for LCPs.

maria_bernadette

May 5, 2014
Hi I'm new here, I have a question with regards to visa-exempt citizens returning to canada as TFW.
I am a citizen of spain and left canada for 3 weeks on a work permit to visit my mom in the Philippines. I have read in sites such as cic that I only need a valid work permit and passport to re-enter canada. Is that correct? Just wanna make sure cos its my first time to leave and re-enter canada in the 2 years i've been there...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maria_bernadette said:
Hi I'm new here, I have a question with regards to visa-exempt citizens returning to canada as TFW.
I am a citizen of spain and left canada for 3 weeks on a work permit to visit my mom in the Philippines. I have read in sites such as cic that I only need a valid work permit and passport to re-enter canada. Is that correct? Just wanna make sure cos its my first time to leave and re-enter canada in the 2 years i've been there...
Yes, that is correct.

KCHOttawa

Jun 12, 2014
Just received a positive LMO for my first job in Canada and looking to flagpole in order to obtain my temporary foreign worker permit. (I am a British citizen and am therefore eligible as I am from a visa exempt country)
Was wondering if anyone knows if it matters which border crossing I go to for this? The nearest one to me is the Prescott-Ogdensburg land crossing in Southern Ontario.
Just organising a medical before I go as my job will be as a physio and I've heard they can ask for medical exams if your job is in public health.....so I'm I'm not 100% sure I need one but it seems sensible to take every possible measure I can to get my TFWP approved!
I've heard I don't need to take the completed work permit application forms with me but this makes no sense to me so if anyone knows the answer to this Id be really grateful!
One final question...If I do take the forms with me what should I put on the application re: the country from which I am applying? UK? (as thats my country of residence) or USA? (as thats technically where Ill be entering from, although as I understand it I have to be refused entry to the US first to flagpole!)
Thanks in advance

SteveMBCA

Sep 26, 2014
Interesting post with lots of information.

Does anyone know how long between doing the medical and going to the border I would have to wait for medical results to be processed / on system ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

SteveMBCA said:
Interesting post with lots of information.

Does anyone know how long between doing the medical and going to the border I would have to wait for medical results to be processed / on system ?
About 2 weeks or so before it is available online. You can check ecas and it should show "medical received" Ensure that you go to a larger Border Crossing, as at some of the smaller ones, there may not be an officer on duty who has access to GCMS which will show him/her the medical results.

SteveMBCA

Sep 26, 2014
PMM said:
HI

About 2 weeks or so before it is available online. You can check ecas and it should show "medical received" Ensure that you go to a larger Border Crossing, as at some of the smaller ones, there may not be an officer on duty who has access to GCMS which will show him/her the medical results.
Thank you PMM for your reply it has helped a lot.!

If I may can I ask one last question - My wife is a nurse so she needs to do a medical, me however apparently I can apply for an ' open restricted work permit ' which does not need a medical. Is this correct?

mazkelly

Jan 29, 2015
Hope someone can help. I have a CEC express entry application in process. My current work permit expires in April 2016 and is employer specific. I have been offered a new job pending an open work permit. New employer has given me 60 days to get it. Can I go to the border to flagpole to get an open work permit? What documents would I need?
thank you

coaxial88

Aug 14, 2010
a question about flag poling .
What time and which days are considered the best to do it , at the niagara Falls bridge. week days, weekends, morning ?

thanks a lot

bhandariji

Mar 4, 2014
Hi I'm from India and I'm in Canada since last Sept.

My Student Visa will expire this December.

I'll be eligible to get the work permit for 3 years but the PGWPP process will take 120 days.

Can I flagpole to get my work Permit and then apply for TRV?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

immigrant653

Aug 31, 2014
Hi,

I have a question regarding the flag-poling. I have a closed work permit under BC PNP nomination. In the work permit immigration document, the company name and location is mentioned. Unfortunately I got laid off last week. I have checked with the PNP and they are OK for changing the employer. Also in the PNP nomination document, "Employer Restriction" is mentioned as NO. But is there any option to change the employer mentioned in the work permit immigration document? Whether flag-poling is an option for this ?

Thank you