+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpole

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
You’d actually want to call the border you plan on attempting to flagpole at to see if you qualify to flagpole and whether they are accepting flagpolers and when/how many per day. Since I can remember there hasn’t been a situation where visitors from non-visa-exempt countries can get a WP via flagpoling. They only would qualify if they were previously in a WP or SP.
U r wrong in this situation. I know so many guys who came on visit visa. Got lmia job. Went to the border and get there work permit and working in canada now. Not just one i know hundreds of them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
U r wrong in this situation. I know so many guys who came on visit visa. Got lmia job. Went to the border and get there work permit and working in canada now. Not just one i know hundreds of them.
It is the issue that OP doesn’t have a valid TRV. If OP leaves, CBSA can refuse entry. You need a TRV to enter Canada.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
My wife got her SOWP approved but never received it in the mail (we moved during the process, sent a webform with the new address but apparently they still sent it to the old address). She then sent a request to get a copy of her lost work permit, but it's been 6 weeks and still no news from IRCC. She has a valid Canadian TRV and a valid US visitor visa. Can she cross the border, enter the US, and then enter back to Canada to request her work permit?
Anyone?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Given your spouse has a valid TRV and US visa, I do not see an issue to try and flagpole. The only hitch I see is that her work permit was issued already and lost. CBSA may not be able to reissue a lost permit as it was initially processed by IRCC. As stated, CBSA can issue renewals but not sure about lost work permits. May want to call the CBSA border crossing you are planning to go to and ask.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Given your spouse has a valid TRV and US visa, I do not see an issue to try and flagpole. The only hitch I see is that her work permit was issued already and lost. CBSA may not be able to reissue a lost permit as it was initially processed by IRCC. As stated, CBSA can issue renewals but not sure about lost work permits. May want to call the CBSA border crossing you are planning to go to and ask.
Thanks, I didn't know they were handled as separate entities. I will try to call them.

Worst case scenario, if they say they can't issue her work permit, would she still be allowed to reenter Canada and continue working on "maintained status" (as she hasn't received her work permit yet)?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks, I didn't know they were handled as separate entities. I will try to call them.

Worst case scenario, if they say they can't issue her work permit, would she still be allowed to reenter Canada and continue working on "maintained status" (as she hasn't received her work permit yet)?
Unless she has documentation to state that her work permit status is cancelled if she leaves Canada then it should not be an issue. Again confirm with CBSA and find out if they can reissue a permit.

Reactions: andrews17

hcueva10

Feb 10, 2019
@canuck78 Hi my wife has a SOWP currently and we need to apply for a new one that matches by PGWP expiry date. Do you know if this would work for flagpoling?