+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpole - Mistake on Spouse Open Work Permit?

kobragas

Nov 15, 2017
Hi guys,

My wife recently applied for an OWP at the border at Niagara on the Lake based on my PGWP along with my 3 pay stubs and my employment letter. (I'm NOC B). The border officer issued to her the OWP without no problem but later on we realized that it might be a mistake on it. Basically, on her permit the border office put my employer and my occupation under the relative sections on the permit and as location she put unknown. So, is this a mistake? Please, did anyone get through the same scenario?

Thanks for any response.

Marco

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Hi guys,

My wife recently applied for an OWP at the border at Niagara on the Lake based on my PGWP along with my 3 pay stubs and my employment letter. (I'm NOC B). The border officer issued to her the OWP without no problem but later on we realized that it might be a mistake on it. Basically, on her permit the border office put my employer and my occupation under the relative sections on the permit and as location she put unknown. So, is this a mistake? Please, did anyone get through the same scenario?

Thanks for any response.

Marco
Yes, In my opinion it is a mistake . You have to go for amendment of her permit . Please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html . I think there is no charge for it and it takes about 1 month to do it. In the application you need to explain the error in it.

kobragas

Nov 15, 2017
Yes, In my opinion it is a mistake . You have to go for amendment of her permit . Please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html . I think there is no charge for it and it takes about 1 month to do it. In the application you need to explain the error in it.
Thank you for your response. Can she work in the meantime?

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
I don't know for sure .

Without the proper Work permit , employer may not allow her to work nor employ her. Also , if I am not mistaken , you will be sending the work permit to them for amendment . So you won't have the physical work permit.