+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpole day as travel outside of Canada?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Do I need to indicate my flagpole/landing day for the presence calculator? My family and I just went to the US border, got refused entry, apart from my daughter as she has an American citizenship, and came back in an hour to land.
If I need to include that day, what will be the reason of leaving Canada and what os the destination?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

Do I need to indicate my flagpole/landing day for the presence calculator? My family and I just went to the US border, got refused entry, apart from my daughter as she has an American citizenship, and came back in an hour to land.
If I need to include that day, what will be the reason of leaving Canada and what os the destination?

Thanks.
1. No, you won't have to include it.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Thanks.
I would actually suggest you include it in the physical presence calculator. It won't count as an absence cause it's less than 24 hours. However, it makes it easier for the officer to match their records with your account of your border crossing.

Reactions: Anford

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. Thanks. So what will be the reason? Just flagpole? Also, wouldn’t appear on their records as landing at xyz boarder point?
Just went through my passport and there’s no stamp to show for that day from the US border, only the landing stamp.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,

Thanks.
Strictly speaking, you DO leave Canada (or flagpoling wouldn't work).

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. Thanks. I’ll add it before sending the package.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Ok. Thanks. So what will be the reason? Just flagpole? Also, wouldn’t appear on their records as landing at xyz boarder point?
Just went through my passport and there’s no stamp to show for that day from the US border, only the landing stamp.
There is no stamp but it was recorded. It should show up in your i94 record.
I concur to the suggestion above. Just put it there. You left Canada during your flagpoling, and both USA and Canada know you did.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

There is no stamp but it was recorded. It should show up in your i94 record.
I concur to the suggestion above. Just put it there. You left Canada during your flagpoling, and both USA and Canada know you did.
1. You should note that part of any day spent in Canada, is considered a day in Canada for citizenship purposes.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah. Thus debate is getting confusing. Tried to call IRCC today but the lines where jammed.

vun

Jan 17, 2020
Hi,
On the section 10. Please list all addresses inside and outside of Canada during 5 years eligibility period.
I migrate Canada on 15 July 2015, on 20 Dec 2015 I go to Hong Kong for vacation and come back on 23 March 2016, in this time I out to Canada, on 8 Sept 2017 - 12 Sept 2016 in United stated, all of this outside to Canada, is fill up in this section 10?

Thank you

Vun

beris

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Yeah. Thus debate is getting confusing. Tried to call IRCC today but the lines where jammed.
Hey man,you should include your flagpole on your application.I made the mistake of not doing that and I was given that dreaded request for additional information form a couple weeks after my interview and test.It basically put my application on hold and I went through hell to get it finalized.Any day in Canada is considered a day in Canada...YES...But you also left Canada and it WILL delay your application drastically......I went through that just so you know!!

Reactions: Anna Ngac and upon

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey man,you should include your flagpole on your application.I made the mistake of not doing that and I was given that dreaded request for additional information form a couple weeks after my interview and test.It basically put my application on hold and I went through hell to get it finalized.Any day in Canada is considered a day in Canada...YES...But you also left Canada and it WILL delay your application drastically......I went through that just so you know!!
Thanks. I added it before sending it. Will be great to note these kind of edge cases in the application instructions. There are a lot of ambiguity that needs to be addressed.

Reactions: beris

vun

Jan 17, 2020
Hi Dora,
I have to fill in section 10. I go to Hong Kong on 20 Dec 2015 back on 23 March 2016 , and 8 -12 Sept 2016 to United States ?. thanks

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dora,
I have to fill in section 10. I go to Hong Kong on 20 Dec 2015 back on 23 March 2016 , and 8 -12 Sept 2016 to United States ?. thanks
I’m confused. What’s the question about?