+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagged: B1 - ATIP - RQ chances? senior Members plz!

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
Guys

I just got ATIP case information of my citizenship application.
It is mentioned under Notes section
Flagged : B1

B1: Means Child born outside Canada ( which is true, and my child is included in my family application)

Now , does it mean Calgary office will issue RQ at later stage say pre test RQ because of this flag B1?

Any suggestion please.

Thanks

application: Nov, 2013
Process date :Feb 2014
File transfer: March 2014
Visa office: Calgary
No RQ so far

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Re: Flagged: B1 - GCMS Notes- RQ chances?

you should give us more information

did your child born before you got PR ? or after you got pr ?

if your child born after you got pr did you sponsor him to come to Canada?

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013

thanks travel dream

I got PR in 2009. then I got married in 2010 , child born in 2011; sponsored wife and child came here on PR in 2012.
then in 2013 Nov, I applied for citizenship including my child .

any advise regarding flag B1??

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009

BOXSIR said:
thanks travel dream

I got PR in 2009. then I got married in 2010 , child born in 2011; sponsored wife and child came here on PR in 2012.
then in 2013 Nov, I applied for citizenship including my child .

any advise regarding flag B1??
Guys,
I also have the same case. My daughter was born outside Canada while we were PR. I then sponsored her to come to Canada later. It was sponsor based on H&C grounds (via TRP = Temporary Resident Permit).

I applied July 4th for citizenship via Family application. Any leads what B1 means??? RQ?

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Re: Flagged: B1 - ATIP - RQ chances? senior Members Scylla, Leon, eileenf plz!

No it is not necessary to issue RQ if your child born outside canada. Indeed It makes a concern about this . In your case you will get B1 but RQ more frequently is given for B1 reason if you and your wife were PR and a child born outside. So probably you will not get an RQ

For skhan123 : they maybe ask you in the interview about this .

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
thanks
My wife got PR after our child birth, but still I got flagged B1
so does' it mean if your application is flagged by any reason , applicant will get RQ?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Boxsir,
We really don't know whether B1 is still an RQ trigger or not. The RQ triggers have been updated repeatedly since May 2012. If you had applied in 2011 or 2012, you would have almost surely gotten an RQ. But it's possible that that is no longer the case. This may be flagged for the purposes of inquiry during the interview and not RQ.

One good indication is that your file has been in process at the local office for a number of months now and you have not gotten RQ as of yet. My understanding is that pre-test RQs are typically sent by Sydney right before a file is sent to the local office.

Please let us know how things go.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
sometimes getting an RQ is a relief. as the sword is still on until test and oath. People get RQ before test, after test immediately and even before oath anytime after test and oath wait time.
End of the day if you satisfy CIC with as much documentation its better.

RQ after test is the most cumbersome as there is no commitment to the file. as long as you are not invited for test and get RQ it is CIC responsibility to process your case within their timeline. Post test RQ which happens mostly during interview phase is like an orphan file. It will float and float until one get tired and request Mandamus and lawyer filing your case.

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
eileenf said:
Hi Boxsir,
We really don't know whether B1 is still an RQ trigger or not. The RQ triggers have been updated repeatedly since May 2012. If you had applied in 2011 or 2012, you would have almost surely gotten an RQ. But it's possible that that is no longer the case. This may be flagged for the purposes of inquiry during the interview and not RQ.

One good indication is that your file has been in process at the local office for a number of months now and you have not gotten RQ as of yet. My understanding is that pre-test RQs are typically sent by Sydney right before a file is sent to the local office.

Please let us know how things go.
just to update that Today I received my Oath letter . :D
total processing time 17months (upto oath date).