+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flag poling

Neha.Bhati

Nov 24, 2019
Is the flag poling option still active?

I am going to finish my MBA by 2nd December 2019 and want to get my post graduation work permit.

So, I have 2 questions here:

1. What happens to the online application if I go through flag poling?

2. What are the documents required for flag poling?

Thank you,

Neha

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
There is no official bulletin issued by the IRCC on its website and as such it is safe to assume that flagpole is still an available option.
For your PGWP you will require your completion letter as well as your final transcripts your study permit and a processing fee of CAD 340 which includes biometrics fee.

Neha.Bhati

Nov 24, 2019
There is no official bulletin issued by the IRCC on its website and as such it is safe to assume that flagpole is still an available option.
For your PGWP you will require your completion letter as well as your final transcripts your study permit and a processing fee of CAD 340 which includes biometrics fee.
So will I need to get my biometric done before I go for flag poling?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just be aware that some POEs will only accept flagpolers Tues/WedsThurs and even then some have quotas / time slots. CBSA are to a degree wanting to discourage the process for specific programs where they see it as an IRCC responsibility.

Neha.Bhati

Nov 24, 2019
Just be aware that some POEs will only accept flagpolers Tues/WedsThurs and even then some have quotas / time slots. CBSA are to a degree wanting to discourage the process for specific programs where they see it as an IRCC responsibility.
I also don't have US visa. Can I still flagpole?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I also don't have US visa. Can I still flagpole?
You do not need a US visa to flagpole. On reaching the USCBP desk on the US side with your passport you tell them you are flagpoling and they issue you a piece paper indicating an admin refusal of entry. You take this back to CBSA on the Canada side along with any other documents.

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Rainbow bridge,Niagara.

Any suggestions?
If you can drive , peace bridge is better as the daily quota at rainbow bridge exhausts much before 8 am ( when the Canada border officer start the flagpoling processing ) . You will need to be back from US side earlier than 7 am to be realistically having a chance of making it into queue . Others are told to come on some other day . Peace bridge at Fort Erie and Buffalo is not known to have long queues .

If you are willing to spend some money you can go by bus to Fort Erie . Take a taxi at fort Erie cross over to US side Buffalo , get the flagpoling slip and come back by the same taxi . Do consult the taxi driver .

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Rainbow bridge,Niagara.

Any suggestions?
If you can drive , peace bridge is better as the daily quota at rainbow bridge exhausts much before 8 am ( when the Canada border officer start the flagpoling processing ) . You will need to be back from US side earlier than 7 am to be realistically having a chance of making it into queue . Others are told to come on some other day . Peace bridge at Fort Erie and Buffalo is not known to have long queues .

If you are willing to spend some money you can go by bus to Fort Erie . Take a taxi at fort Erie cross over to US side Buffalo , get the flagpoling slip and come back by the same taxi . Do consult the taxi driver .
My suggestion would have been the same.