+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flag pole to apply for work permit

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
I have a job offer while I am in my home country, I have a TRV also. I would like to know the best option to apply for the work permit.Should I apply outside of Canada or I can travel with my TRV and go to the Canada-US border to flag pole for the work permt.
Thanks in advanced for you advice

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a job offer while I am in my home country, I have a TRV also. I would like to know the best option to apply for the work permit.Should I apply outside of Canada or I can travel with my TRV and go to the Canada-US border to flag pole for the work permt.
If you require a TRV you typically don’t qualify for flagpoling. Does your employer already have an LMIA? What type of job is this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just read your previous posts. This looks like a job through an agency and not directly through an employer. What type of job is this? Have you paid any fee to get this job? Unfortunately there are quite a lot of scams and typically job offers should come directly from the employer not through an agency. What is your education and work history?

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
If you require a TRV you typically don’t qualify for flagpoling. Does your employer already have an LMIA? What type of job is this?
It is for the Francophone Mobility program so I don't need a LMIA. Can I travel with the job offer and apply online inside of Canada?
Thank you for your answer.

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
Just read your previous posts. This looks like a job through an agency and not directly through an employer. What type of job is this? Have you paid any fee to get this job? Unfortunately there are quite a lot of scams and typically job offers should come directly from the employer not through an agency. What is your education and work history?
My employer is Tim Hortons but I was recruited by a job agency. It is for assistant manager in training position. I have a bachelor degree in business administration, my current work experience is customer service representative.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My employer is Tim Hortons but I was recruited by a job agency. It is for assistant manager in training position. I have a bachelor degree in business administration, my current work experience is customer service representative.
Is the job in a French region of Canada? Have you taken the TEF recently? Looks like your previous test may be expired. Did you pay any money to receive this job? You should never pay an agency more than a very small fee. The employer should really be the one paying the agency. How long have you been a customer service agent and for you have any management or restaurant experience? Unless you have significant funds to live off of while waiting for a decesionabout your WP you should apply from your home country. While waiting months to get a response about your WP you will not be able to work in Canada.

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
Is the job in a French region of Canada? Have you taken the TEF recently? Looks like your previous test may be expired. Did you pay any money to receive this job? You should never pay an agency more than a very small fee. The employer should really be the one paying the agency. How long have you been a customer service agent and for you have any management or restaurant experience? Unless you have significant funds to live off of while waiting for a decesionabout your WP you should apply from your home country. While waiting months to get a response about your WP you will not be able to work in Canada.
The job offer is in Ontario. Yes I paid the agency because it was very difficult for me to find a job. I took the TEF test in 2020. I have 5 years experience in customer service. I don't have any experience as a restaurent manager.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
That all sounds fishy to me. Tim Hortons does not need workers from out of Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Best / safest option is to apply for the work permit from your home country, wait for the work permit to be approved, and then travel to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is through The McCluskey Group.
The job offer is in Ontario. Yes I paid the agency because it was very difficult for me to find a job. I took the TEF test in 2020. I have 5 years experience in customer service. I don't have any experience as a restaurent manager.
Isn’t the TEF only valid for 2 years so that would mean you need to take the TEF again? Agree that you should apply from your home country. There are no guarantees of approval and the cost of living in Canada is very high and affordable housing is hard to secure especially without employment so you would be spending a large amount of money waiting to see if you get approved for a WP.

There are hundreds of thousands of international students lining up for service jobs. Unless in a location without students it is shocking that we are approving new WPs while having huge line-ups for other service jobs. We are also likely entering a recession and with cost of living increasing many employers in the service industry will close or decrease their number of employees. Sadly the government rushes to approve too many people without waiting to see if there will be sufficient infrastructure or jobs to support all of these people. Also fails to match skills needed and advertise where exactly specific skills are needed so people hopefully will consider moving to a city where they may find a job in their field or at least a better quality of life. See all sorts of people being approved for service or low skilled jobs at the moment especially now that you can apply for a WP while in Canada while also having a huge influx of around a million international students and refugees/CUAET recipients most who are looking for employment. Shouldn’t we wait and see how many jobs are left to be filled after these newcomers find employment? IRCC also seems to have approved most new TRV applications in the past few months yet we have no affordable housing and no shelters for all the refugee claimants. So many of the recent asylum claimants would have never been approved for TRVs earlier this year which is why we suddenly have 12k asylum seekers arriving by air each month which is a even more than we had arriving by Roxham Road. It made sense how someone without funds and coming from a country at war could come from the US via irregular border but how did the recently get approved for a TRV? We are going to end up with people living in the street again and/or require cities to tap into reserve fund to house asylum seekers while increasing taxes and cutting services. The worst part is even though refugees have had to sleep on the street and shelters are full across Canada IRCC continues to approve TRVs for applicants with a high likelihood claiming asylum, no family in Canada and minimal funds/assets or falsified income statements while winter is fast approaching. The lack common sense and lack of planning at all levels of governments keeps getting worse. I can’t be the only one who find this both terrifying and frustrating.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/08/video-hundreds-people-desperate-jobs-mississauga/

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
Isn’t the TEF only valid for 2 years so that would mean you need to take the TEF again? Agree that you should apply from your home country. There are no guarantees of approval and the cost of living in Canada is very high and affordable housing is hard to secure especially without employment so you would be spending a large amount of money waiting to see if you get approved for a WP.

There are hundreds of thousands of international students lining up for service jobs. Unless in a location without students it is shocking that we are approving new WPs while having huge line-ups for other service jobs. We are also likely entering a recession and with cost of living increasing many employers in the service industry will close or decrease their number of employees. Sadly the government rushes to approve too many people without waiting to see if there will be sufficient infrastructure or jobs to support all of these people. Also fails to match skills needed and advertise where exactly specific skills are needed so people hopefully will consider moving to a city where they may find a job in their field or at least a better quality of life. See all sorts of people being approved for service or low skilled jobs at the moment especially now that you can apply for a WP while in Canada while also having a huge influx of around a million international students and refugees/CUAET recipients most who are looking for employment. Shouldn’t we wait and see how many jobs are left to be filled after these newcomers find employment? IRCC also seems to have approved most new TRV applications in the past few months yet we have no affordable housing and no shelters for all the refugee claimants. So many of the recent asylum claimants would have never been approved for TRVs earlier this year which is why we suddenly have 12k asylum seekers arriving by air each month which is a even more than we had arriving by Roxham Road. It made sense how someone without funds and coming from a country at war could come from the US via irregular border but how did the recently get approved for a TRV? We are going to end up with people living in the street again and/or require cities to tap into reserve fund to house asylum seekers while increasing taxes and cutting services. The worst part is even though refugees have had to sleep on the street and shelters are full across Canada IRCC continues to approve TRVs for applicants with a high likelihood claiming asylum, no family in Canada and minimal funds/assets or falsified income statements while winter is fast approaching. The lack common sense and lack of planning at all levels of governments keeps getting worse. I can’t be the only one who find this both terrifying and frustrating.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/08/video-hundreds-people-desperate-jobs-mississauga/
Thank you for sharing this info