+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flag-pole Experiences (Parents' Landing)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Here's a fast one:

User: saindia, Flag-pole: Mom & Dad (PGP), Border: Lewiston-Queenston Bridge (Niagara), Date: 20-Dec-2016
Original post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/when-your-parent-sponsorship-2014-application-reached-cpcm-update-here-t179188.0.html;msg5660470#msg5660470

Hi All,
A quick and final update. Today we completed landing for my parents at queenston. As explained by others, it was a very simple process. I reached US border at 10:05 PM. The US border guard, didn't even ask us to go inside the office. He actually was nice enough to page one of his colleague to bring d flagpole doc outside and handed it over to us to write the names and Off we went, back to Canada. Total time at US side 5 mins.

10:10 PM at Canadian border, Border was empty and we were the only one inside. The entire process of landing on Canadian side took 20 mins and by 10:30 we had the landing paper with us after completing all the procedures.

It's nice to finally close this chapter. I wish good luck to all those still waiting to hear at various stages. Hopefully, all the 2014 cases close soon. All the best folks! And thanks to everyone who answered all my queries and all those who kept on posting updates on what to expect at each step. Thanks!

davidkaren

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Rossei said:
Under PGP, I don't think so as they will be financially dependent on you (the sponsor). The sponsor has undertaken an oath that s/he would meet the basic requirements of sponsored persons for 20 years.
Thanks Rossei ! Much appreciated as always.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
User: 741953, Flag-pole: Mom (PGP), Border: Lewiston-Queenston Bridge (Niagara), Date: 24-Dec-2016
Original post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-parents-in-2015-t248893.0.html;msg5669060#msg5669060

Merry Christmas everyone!!
I'm happy to share that we've brought my mom for landing at Queenston-Lewiston Bridge (near Niagara Falls) yesterday (Christmas Eve) and everything went smoothly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom and I headed out early in the morning at 7 am, from Richmond Hill, Ontario. There's no traffic on the way, it's 8:45am when we reached US custom on Queenston-Lewiston Bridge. It's not busy at all, only about 2-3 cars waiting in each lane. The officer asked what we're here for, I told him we're here to do a flagpole landing. He took our passports, instructed us to make a left turn ahead and park in front of the immigration office. He specifically reminded us "to stay in your car the whole time". He then called his colleague via walkie talkie and have him show us the way. We waited for a minute or so, an officer came out from the office with our passports and a white sheet with names and passport info on it. It's a Refusal of Entry to US but it has also stated the reason, ie. for immigration landing purpose. So don't get panic when you see the refusal of entry part. We then headed back to Canada.

It's 8:50am when we reached Canada custom. Same as US custom, only a few cars waiting on each lanes. I handed the officer our passports and Refusal of Entry and told him we just did a flagpole. He asked a bunch of mandatory questions like, how much money you carrying, tobacco and alcohol...etc. He then returned our passports and Refusal of Entry, along with a yellow custom sheet. He showed us where's the immigration office located and where to park. It's basically just right next to the custom booths.

After we parked, we took a little break in the car, had some coffee and a few bites of sandwiches. When we entered the immigration office, it's around 9:05am.

There's 3 groups (total 6 people) there waiting, but only one officer was on duty. It's too early I guess. Glad that 3 -4 more officers started to show up 5 minutes later. I put together my mom's passport, COPR, Refusal of Entry (white), Canada custom sheet (yellow) and handed to the officer when we're called. She told us to wait and even nice enough to add where the restroom is just in case. Here's the waiting started.

The couple came in before us seemed having problems with their case. I felt bad for them coz the lady was sobbing (They're still waiting when we left. I hope they're ok. God Bless). And on the other hand there's a man with a silly hat, his case looked a bit complicated too. So two officers were occupied already. Other than these two cases, we're second in line. It's not bad at all.

When we sat down it's around 9:15am. At 9:45:am, my mom's name was called. The officer confirmed my mom's info against the COPR and made sure everything is correct. He had us wait just a little more while he processed our case. The processing part took no more than 5 minutes. The second time he called us, he had my mom signed the two COPR (one for immigration, one for us). He then informed us what to do after landing, ie. get SIN number, health card...etc. He asked me to translate it for my mom. The officer stapled the signed and stamped COPR on my mom's passport, and handed it back to us.

Taaa Daaaa!!! The whole landing process was DONE!!

Reactions: lok254

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
User: gks_2012, Flag-pole: Mom (PGP), Border: Rainbow Bridge (Niagara), Date: 24-Dec-2016
Original post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-parents-in-2015-t248893.0.html;msg5676051#msg5676051

Guys,

We have successfully completed our landing procedure by flag polling at rainbow bridge a day before Christmas. There was no traffic and officers did the job quickly. Turned around and did our landing formalities and got stamped, headed back home.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
User: CPA2CANADA, Flag-pole: Mom (PGP), Border: Carway (AB), Date: 17-Feb-2017
Original post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-parents-in-2015-t248893.0.html;msg5798854#msg5798854

Guys...thank you all for the assistance/encouragement while waiting on my mother's application....Last Friday, we flagpoled into CARWAY border in Alberta...since it was the closest one to us...around 2.5 hrs drive.....when we arrived to US border, we told specifically to Immigration Officer that we will be flagpoling and he said come inside for paperworks...eventhough we do have US Visa...they still gave us a "NOTICE OF REFUSAL" and the officer congratulated my mother...it took us about 10 minutes to wait inside....we drove back to the Canadian Border and we had to wait for about 30 minutes before they confirmed the PR status of my mom....It was a very smooth process....

CPA2CANADA

Reactions: Yayanbuboy

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Hi Guys. MY mom is coming in on supervisa next sunday and I wanted to see what your experiences were? What questions did the immigration officers ask? What documents besides insurance did your parents have when coming in?

Thank you

Yayanbuboy

Apr 28, 2017
Hi what are the requirements or what documents do i need to prepare to be able to do this? My mom is here under supervisa. Visa will be expired oct 2017 , i applied for sponsorship but didnt get selected on the lottery. So my last straw is this flagpolling if possible

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Hi what are the requirements or what documents do i need to prepare to be able to do this? My mom is here under supervisa. Visa will be expired oct 2017 , i applied for sponsorship but didnt get selected on the lottery. So my last straw is this flagpolling if possible
Why do you want to flag-pole?

celinegv

Jul 8, 2023
Anyone here has a flag-pole experience for initiating Super Visa? My mom is currently in Canada on visitor visa but got her super visa approved and stamped. Can she flag-pole to re-enter using her Super Visa?