+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First year taxes

Therespkinb

Aug 25, 2018
Hi all,
Quick question
I moved to Canada in Feb and I have my PR and i am currently not working and not willing to anytime soon as i am self study preparing for some tests.
Do i need to file a tax returns and why ?
and if I do not, is that a problem since i dont have any income.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,
Quick question
I moved to Canada in Feb and I have my PR and i am currently not working and not willing to anytime soon as i am self study preparing for some tests.

Thanks
You don't have to file but you definitely should. Credits/benefits are based on tax returns.

Reactions: Therespkinb

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
Quick question

Thanks
If you have any other form of income like investments that income also must be declared.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I have no income what so ever, not even a saving account
I would still recommend filing in order to establish a CRA account, especially if you are considering using the electronic filing system for the future.

Therespkinb

Aug 25, 2018
So your money you are living off of is sitting in an account earning zero interest ? Like zero ?? No interest, no dividends ?
well the interest rates are 1-2% , if i have a million dollar in my account which i am not that fortunate of a man to have this amount of money , i will be having 10 k in returns without being able to access the money for a year !