+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Time Visa Request

tonycr

Nov 17, 2015
Hello all!

I've been looking to request a Visa to enter Canada, but the website has so much information and some it is very complicated to follow. Let me explain my situation and you might be able to help me a little bit.

I am planning to go to Montreal in August next year for a concert, right now I basically can't do any arrangements (concert tickets, hotel, flight, etc) because I don't have a Visa.

So I was filling in the form IMM5257 and they ask for a "name, address and relationship of any person or institution I will visit", what am I supposed to enter here if I don't have hotel reservations.

Also, in the "Purpose of Travel - Other", since I can't purchase the tickets yet, what should I upload?

Some of the form require a signature, how do I sign the document? Should I print, sign and scan them in order to upload them?

For the travel history, is it enough with a Word list of countries I visited in the past 5 years or so, with dates, etc?

For the financial support part, is it enough a letter from my work stating how much I make?

I basically know very little, so if any of you can point me in the right direction I will appreciate it.

Thank you.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The main concern of the visa post is that you will go back home after your visit. Travelling to Canada just for a concert is not entirely unusual but its not common. The visa officer will look at your proof of ties and in particular your income levels and determine if in relation to this the costs of your travel make sense. So if you have say US$ 10K in funds saved over say 2 years and earn say US$ 10K per year but the whole trip will cost you $8K then the vo wants to know why you want to spend all your funds on a one night event. In regards to your queries:

1. Put the place you expect to stay so whatever this hotel is.

2. Purpose of travel is visit.

3. Just upload the forms they have a bar code don't sweat the signature.

4. Yes list the countries and dates.

5. No a letter from work stating how much you make is not enough. VO needs to see your pay slips, bank statements and a letter saying you have been granted vacation with dates. How long have you been at this job? Some visa posts want to see tax documents to prove the stated income.

Just read any post by and/or responded to by Bryanna she is the guru on visitor visas. This will point you in the right direction. Have you read the TRV application guide to include specific instructions for your visa office?