+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First time Landing Checklist

Aug 2, 2019
I have received the CoPR yesterday and is planning to do a soft landing sometime next month from USA. For this purpose, I would request your inputs on the important documents one must carry with them for a successful first landing. I know that I have to carry my Passport and CoPR letter. I was reading somewhere that Proof of Funds is also needed. How should we carry fund with us? Any other documents which is must to have? Thanks in advance.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I know that I have to carry my Passport and CoPR letter.
Correct.

I was reading somewhere that Proof of Funds is also needed. How should we carry fund with us? Any other documents which is must to have?
Whether you need proof of funds or not depends on which stream you used to obtain your CoPR, you do not say. IF spousal sponsorship, then no proof of funds required.

You say you are doing a soft landing, so you do NOT need your list of 'goods accompanying / goods to follow', you would do this in a later landing when you 'land as settler'.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
While in my case they didn't ask for any proof of funds, I personally declared more than $10k in cash. So either having the money or declaring that it exists, helps a lot.

The list of goods will help when you move permanently to Canada as they won't pose any customs fees for stuff that was already listed.

saka7

Oct 10, 2019
While in my case they didn't ask for any proof of funds, I personally declared more than $10k in cash. So either having the money or declaring that it exists, helps a lot.

The list of goods will help when you move permanently to Canada as they won't pose any customs fees for stuff that was already listed.
Hi please advise can we carry grocery or food items and cereals and pulses. is it need to be filled in custom declaration for or only as a part of list of landing items

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi please advise can we carry grocery or food items and cereals and pulses. is it need to be filled in custom declaration for or only as a part of list of landing items
ALL food must without exception be declared else you could be fined and there are restrictions on food types that are allowed. Not sure why anyone would bring cereals and pulses anyway

http://inspection.gc.ca/food/information-for-consumers/travellers/what-can-i-bring-into-canada-/eng/1389648337546/1389648516990

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/fpa-apa/menu-eng.html