+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First time home buyer - having owned a home somewhere else in the world

kevs

May 17, 2013
First time home buyers in Canada are eligible for a rebate on the land transfer tax, as long as they have never owned a home, anywhere in the world, ever.

How would the Ministry of Finance, or the CRA, be able to control if anyone has owned a home outside of Canada?

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
You are asking how to commit a federal crime on a public forum.

Be concerned about your IP being investigated.

kevs

May 17, 2013
mrbeachman said:
You are asking how to commit a federal crime on a public forum.

Be concerned about your IP being investigated.
I am not asking how to commit fraud, I am asking how does one prove that he has not owned, or not, a home abroad?

ALRIVAS

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-1994
It refers to Canada only and in the previous 4 years so if you had a house and sold it 10 years ago you are a first time home buyer again.
Don't dig too much.
visit alrivas. com for more info is all there or email me al@alrivas.com.

ALRIVAS

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-1994
Sorry about that the 4 years is for first time buyer program RRSP.I've got confused for a second for not reading.
Anywhere in the world is right.
Good luck finding out.I have many transactions done for investors and they qualified as first time homeowners in Canada.
Again don't worry about that unless you are asked by your lawyer then is all up to you is 2Gs you are trying to save.
Many of clients come from India and they have more than 1 house there and never had a problem.

kevs

May 17, 2013
ALRIVAS said:
Sorry about that the 4 years is for first time buyer program RRSP.I've got confused for a second for not reading.
Good luck finding out.I have many transactions done for investors and they qualified as first time homeowners in Canada.
Again don't worry about that unless you are asked by your lawyer then is all up to you is 2Gs you are trying to save.
Many of clients come from India and they have more than 1 house there and never had a problem.
Yes, I have read it is worldwide, ever.

Just looking to know if there is a specific governing body that would provide such information (e.g. local tax authority), but I gather this might vary from country to country.

thanks

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
ALRIVAS said:
So you are saying that you helped investors qualify as first time home buyers?

I am sure you understand this is fraud?

Are you also suggesting that I should subsidize your clients from India who own several houses with my taxes?

Some advice you are giving on this forum.

Frankly, I think you should have your license revoked.