+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First time H1B Stamping in Canada (India - Home Country)

Kay28

Feb 22, 2019
My Brother (Home Country - India) is working in USA and planning to do his First time H1B Stamping in Toronto Canada. Is it possible or advisable to do in Toronto ? What is the success rate ? Or should he travel to his home country India to do his first time H1B stamping . Anyone who has recently gone through this process , please share your experience . Any leads would be helpful.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Wait times to get an appointment in Canada are very high. Other than that it makes no difference whether he does it in Canad/India/Anywhere else. If he does not have US or Canadian education, the consulate in Canada may send him to home country because they cannot evaluate his Indian education.

Kay28

Feb 22, 2019
Wait times to get an appointment in Canada are very high. Other than that it makes no difference whether he does it in Canad/India/Anywhere else. If he does not have US or Canadian education, the consulate in Canada may send him to home country because they cannot evaluate his Indian education.

Thanks for the reply !! Yeah he has a USA Master degree and started working once he got graduated .

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
My Brother (Home Country - India) is working in USA and planning to do his First time H1B Stamping in Toronto Canada. Is it possible or advisable to do in Toronto ? What is the success rate ? Or should he travel to his home country India to do his first time H1B stamping . Anyone who has recently gone through this process , please share your experience . Any leads would be helpful.
Doesnt matter much on the consulate location for stamping but some consular might ask the candiate to apply in home/citizenship country.
Its preferred to do it at home country because if there is huge delay then there is no issue in dealing with it but candidate needs to make up the mind if he/she can travel to home country directly from Canada without any visa issues in transitting layover countries whenever this rare situation happens.
Lot of students do get first/renewal stamping in both sides (canada and mexico). its not new but they should be knowing the risk.

nazimo0

Feb 19, 2020
Just anecdotally, every time I’ve gotten my visa stamp in Mexico City (I’m a Mexican citizen), I’ve met Chinese and Indian nationals getting their stamps. When we’re waiting in line, they have mentioned it’s much cheaper flying to Mexico City than their home countries and they also get their stamps faster.

nazimo0

Feb 19, 2020
Just anecdotally, every time I’ve gotten my visa stamp in Mexico City (I’m a Mexican citizen), I’ve met Chinese and Indian nationals getting their stamps. When we’re waiting in line, they have mentioned it’s much cheaper flying to Mexico City than their home countries and they also get their stamps faster.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox