+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First time filer

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I will have to file return for the first time, i landed in October, i fall into pgp category, dependent on son, nil income in canada, the only income i have is $180 interest income in other country which is accrued not yet cashed.
1. Does canadian tax accountancy work on cash basis or accural basis?
2. Would i be able to file return or will need consultant help
3. Will i need software like turbo tax
4. Do we have to file first return on paper or we could do it online too
Thanks regards.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will have to file return for the first time, i landed in October, i fall into pgp category, dependent on son, nil income in canada, the only income i have is $180 interest income in other country which is accrued not yet cashed.
Thanks regards.
According to your first post, I think you landed ten years ago by spousal sponsorship. You should have plenty of experience in tax filing.

mirzanadeem

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
pakstan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
1986 04 04
how to pally me sir

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
how to pally me sir
Please stop spamming the site. You aren’t asking any questions. There are no jobs here.Apply for jobs on Canadian job sites like Indeed. You need a job offer and your employer needs to file for and pay $1k for a LMIA. The LMIA shows that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. For the permit, you show that you are experienced to do the job.

If you want to immigrate then research Express Entry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to your first post, I think you landed ten years ago by spousal sponsorship. You should have plenty of experience in tax filing.
OP stated that they landed this past December:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/photo-resubmission-request.752457/post-10352117

But to your point...there's this:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/barcode-generation-problem.85129/post-1041671

Would be great if the OP can elaborate further.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thanks regards.
If it’s your first return you have to file a paper return until your master file is created