+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First semester this May - taken online from outside Canada?

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
The school (KPU) has announced that it will only have online classes for May 2020. I'm already enrolled for this. Can I take it even if I haven't landed in Canada? They said that I can already take my classes online and it will still be considered as one semester in terms of my PGWP.

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
I read that as well. I have my Study Visa, but the student permit will be issued only once you land in Canada, right? Will taking the online classes be ok even if I haven't received the student permit?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I read that as well. I have my Study Visa, but the student permit will be issued only once you land in Canada, right? Will taking the online classes be ok even if I haven't received the student permit?
Correct you recieved when you land usually. Yes, because the permit is so that you can study in Canada. Since you are not in Canada , it does not apply

Reactions: noelvictoria

Suban puri

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
The school (KPU) has announced that it will only have online classes for May 2020. I'm already enrolled for this. Can I take it even if I haven't landed in Canada? They said that I can already take my classes online and it will still be considered as one semester in terms of my PGWP.
I am also enrolled in kpu for may2020 in supply chain management

Reactions: noelvictoria

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Which option are you taking? Are you going to take the online classes from India for now?
You are unlikely to qualify for PGWP if you take your online classes from India. You also won’t have received your work permit if you haven’t landed in Canada.