+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First PR Card

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
So, I called IRCC, got through an agent (after some waiting) . They mentioned that there was no address on my file (which is surprising), got my address updated . They should be mailing out the cards within a few weeks.

Also, the agent mentioned that there is no way to track the Initial PR Card online.

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
So, I called IRCC, got through an agent (after some waiting) . They mentioned that there was no address on my file (which is surprising), got my address updated . They should be mailing out the cards within a few weeks.

Also, the agent mentioned that there is no way to track the Initial PR Card online.
Awesome! Happy to hear it. There's no way to track the card itself but it does show you that it's approved and has been mailed out. With that then you can expect that it's less than 5 business days away.

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
Awesome! Happy to hear it. There's no way to track the card itself but it does show you that it's approved and has been mailed out. With that then you can expect that it's less than 5 business days away.
Where can I see that it's approved and has been mailed out? Can you send me a link please ?

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
Where can I see that it's approved and has been mailed out? Can you send me a link please ?
It's from linking the card to your online account. Navinball already posted how to do it but you said that it wasn't working for you. It will look like this https://imgur.com/a/Vw9sv77.

How did you try to link your PR card application? Did you use UCI and family name?

Last edited:

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Yes, I tried UCI and Family Name, did not work
Sometimes in the COPR they have some extra spaces in place of birth etc. and that causes some problems in linking. But PR card processing is pretty fast these days and you will get your card soon irrespective.

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
For the rest of the info like city/town of birth and country of birth. Did you follow your passport or COPR?
Everything from the Passport. Did not work for me, my wife and my kid. I am going to wait it out ...and try again after a few days. Since my address was updated yesterday on the file, may be it takes time for my entry to get reflected across the system

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
Well I hope it works and as lampbreaker said, processing is really fast now. Landed in the 9th and my wife got her card on the 19th. Got mine today, so since you updated your address, it shouldn't take long.

Reactions: Alfrank