+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First PR card processing

tupues

May 11, 2021
Hi all,

We landed in canada and got our confirmation of PR paper on 26 March 2023. We are to this day, still waiting to hear anything regarding our PR-Cards. All 4 of us. I linked the application to my GCkey account and its showing up as submitted. I assume they would get in touch in case anything was missing. But then again, I find it weird that it is taking that long. Has anyone experience a similar thing or are waiting times this long normal?

cheers Tom

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hi all,

We landed in canada and got our confirmation of PR paper on 26 March 2023. We are to this day, still waiting to hear anything regarding our PR-Cards. All 4 of us. I linked the application to my GCkey account and its showing up as submitted. I assume they would get in touch in case anything was missing. But then again, I find it weird that it is taking that long. Has anyone experience a similar thing or are waiting times this long normal?

cheers Tom
We landed on April 30 and our PR cards were delivered within 18 days.... that being said, the immigration officer at the airport told us it will take 2-3 months and we overheard another officer telling another person that it takes 3-4 months so it seems to be a bit all over the place.

According to the IRCC website current processing time for the first PR card is 29 days so just give them a call and ask. They were super helpful when I rang them.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I rang the number CNP posted above but this process didn't work for me - I tried this but I just kept getting a message that all agents are busy.
However, I selected option 1, provided UCI, and after going through a few options I could either wait 30 min for an agent or request a callback. I did the latter and they did call me back within 30 min.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
I rang the number CNP posted above but this process didn't work for me - I tried this but I just kept getting a message that all agents are busy.
However, I selected option 1, provided UCI, and after going through a few options I could either wait 30 min for an agent or request a callback. I did the latter and they did call me back within 30 min.
Reachout to an MP or raise a Webform. That may help

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Reachout to an MP or raise a Webform. That may help
I think you misunderstood my post :)
I got my PR card last month.
I was just saying that if someone needs to contact IRCC, they can simply ask them to call back.