+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Landing and Covishield vaccination

snaptrooper

Jun 27, 2020
Hello all,
my wife's PR application has been approved and she is all set to travel from INDIA(once the travel ban is lifted). She got her first dose of COVISHIELD (AstraZeneca) vaccine in INDIA. If she were to travel before her second dose will she be eligible to take the 2nd shot in Canada?

BTW Indian govt is set to reduce 2nd dose waiting times for international students and workers but there is no information about foreign permanent residents.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But your wife lives in India (presume Indian national) and not a foreign permanent resident.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Hello all,
my wife's PR application has been approved and she is all set to travel from INDIA(once the travel ban is lifted). She got her first dose of COVISHIELD (AstraZeneca) vaccine in INDIA. If she were to travel before her second dose will she be eligible to take the 2nd shot in Canada?

BTW Indian govt is set to reduce 2nd dose waiting times for international students and workers but there is no information about foreign permanent residents.
Of course she will be eligible for the 2nd dose in Canada because she will be a permanent resident of Canada.
I am not sure if they will have Covishield available when your wife will be here but Health Canada has approved mixing of vaccines , So you can get 2nd dose of any vaccine.

snaptrooper

Jun 27, 2020
Of course she will be eligible for the 2nd dose in Canada because she will be a permanent resident of Canada.
I am not sure if they will have Covishield available when your wife will be here but Health Canada has approved mixing of vaccines , So you can get 2nd dose of any vaccine.
Yes. I'm positive about that point. Especially that Canada has approved mixing vaccines. But there is no confirmed policy or announcement yet about getting two shots in two countries. So, was wondering if anyone has already walked that path.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

She likely won’t be able to get AZ so you need to decide if mixing is something you want to do.