+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Landing (Air) during COVID-19

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi,

My mom has her COPR which was approved March 1st which makes her exempt from travel restrictions.
She has a flight ticket to land in Toronto on May 31st.

Does anyone in this forum have any experience with landing during Corona virus?

1- What is "ArriveCAN" app and how does one receive a token to complete the form?
2- Does the landing interview still happen at the airport?
3- Do customs officers still accept "Good to Follow" forms in paper format?

Thanks,

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi,

I hope your mom has a smooth arrival into Canada.
I don't have any answers for your questions, but please do update how the experience was once your mom lands.

Thanks

Reactions: deleter

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

My mom has her COPR which was approved March 1st which makes her exempt from travel restrictions.
She has a flight ticket to land in Toronto on May 31st.

Does anyone in this forum have any experience with landing during Corona virus?

1- What is "ArriveCAN" app and how does one receive a token to complete the form?
2- Does the landing interview still happen at the airport?
3- Do customs officers still accept "Good to Follow" forms in paper format?

Thanks,
So others can comment or correct

1) . As understand just download the app onto a phone and proceed from there but then again I have not needed to download it. As understand you get the token on arrival at the airport so you can use the app or a paper form given not everyone has a phone of course

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/digital-tools.html

2 yes

3 as far know still same format/ process

Last edited:

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Thanks so much for all your help!

I will keep this thread updated but unfortunately we just found out that her flight on May 31st got canceled and now we are looking to book another flight.

by the way, I found some more info regarding landing interview: "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-before"

Landing appointments will be held by telephone, if possible
We cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until further notice. All landing appointments will be done by telephone whenever possible. Otherwise, we’ll reschedule them for later.
We’ll contact you by email to let you know when your phone appointment will be. Use the Web form if you need to update your contact information.

I don't know if landing appointment is the same as landing interview.

For "goods to follow" form in another format, I meant that since everything is contactless these days. maybe it needs to be emailed to them instead of paper. However, I have not found anything on the customs website regarding that.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What airlines did you booked?

At Cathay Pacific, if one flight was cancelled they will transfer the traveller to another automatically.

Landing appointment only works if the traveller is in Canada.

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
It was Turkish airlines booked via air Canada... Air Canada just refunded and asked me to book again later if I want to.
There are only two airlines that fly from IRAN...Qatar airways and Turkish airlines....this was the second time Turkish cancelled on us. The first time Air canada rep rebooked free of charge but this time they refunded.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks so much for all your help!

I will keep this thread updated but unfortunately we just found out that her flight on May 31st got canceled and now we are looking to book another flight.

by the way, I found some more info regarding landing interview: "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-before"

Landing appointments will be held by telephone, if possible
We cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until further notice. All landing appointments will be done by telephone whenever possible. Otherwise, we’ll reschedule them for later.
We’ll contact you by email to let you know when your phone appointment will be. Use the Web form if you need to update your contact information.

I don't know if landing appointment is the same as landing interview.

For "goods to follow" form in another format, I meant that since everything is contactless these days. maybe it needs to be emailed to them instead of paper. However, I have not found anything on the customs website regarding that.
The information you are quoting applies to people already in Canada needing to land at an IRCC office.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It was Turkish airlines booked via air Canada... Air Canada just refunded and asked me to book again later if I want to.
There are only two airlines that fly from IRAN...Qatar airways and Turkish airlines....this was the second time Turkish cancelled on us. The first time Air canada rep rebooked free of charge but this time they refunded.
You were warned that travel was unlikely.