VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Broncos said:
Please hold on folks ... any time between 26 to 30th of Jan. Please check CIC website for any other official info
Assuming they are able to keep to their plans. With the scale and details of new things in place, some stuff would definitely have gone wrong and it would take them time to settle down. I hate to hurt others, but i won't be surprised if first draw is some what delayed. Let's hope it doesn't get affected much overall

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
fkl said:
Assuming they are able to keep to their plans. With the scale and details of new things in place, some stuff would definitely have gone wrong and it would take them time to settle down. I hate to hurt others, but i won't be surprised if first draw is some what delayed. Let's hope it doesn't get affected much overall
they should have been better prepared i guess....

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
In my opinion, I think CIC is still going to do first draw at the end of Jan. but might be a small numbers of ITA will be issued, because I assume this first draw will be the trying round for CIC. Just a thought to share :p

hiren.v.modi

Jan 20, 2015
I am not sure how advisable for them to do first draw in last week of jan. Because job bank is still inactive (I came to know from my agent) and will reactivate only on 26Th Jan. And your express entry will become active only after they receive confirmation from Job Bank.

so if candidates start creating their account in job bank on 26th, dont know how many would be able to do it in just in a day or two.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
hiren.v.modi said:
I am not sure how advisable for them to do first draw in last week of jan. Because job bank is still inactive (I came to know from my agent) and will reactivate only on 26Th Jan. And your express entry will become active only after they receive confirmation from Job Bank.

so if candidates start creating their account in job bank on 26th, dont know how many would be able to do it in just in a day or two.
Where is it stated that Job Bank is active on the 26th?...

Also, people's profiles are active and in the pool now after registering with job bank using EE profile number and job validation code.

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
hiren.v.modi said:

Job Bank is already active. The Job Matching feature of Job Bank is the one to be available by Jan 26 allowing candidates to connect to prospect employers so they can get job offers.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
fkl said:
On the other hand, they managed to get the system online on time, though some people were wary it would be delayed because of unforeseen kinks. Let's hope they can keep to their plans in this case, too.

anishsm

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting....
Nomination.....
Waiting....
AOR Received.
Waiting....
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Be positive guys. It will all happen as per normal. CIC's reputation is at stake here . Be positive . Look at me I have been trying from FSW 2014. Be positive be positive be positive :D

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Remember that registration for job bank is only required for people without Provincial nomination or job offers. So there would be a number of people to be processed for PR without the hassle.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
keen2 said:
Job Bank is already active. The Job Matching feature of Job Bank is the one to be available by Jan 26 allowing candidates to connect to prospect employers so they can get job offers.
Once again, where is it stated this will be happening on the 26th?

[G]aMe[R]

Jan 22, 2015
The first draw is expected by the end of January and it is also posted on the CIC official web site.

Moreover, I am already registered in the job bank and my CIC profile is OPEN and ACTIVE.

Lets hope for the best guys.

Cheers!

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
I'm nervous about the draw and I won't even be a part of it :eek:. We will all be able to get an idea of our chances based on the first couple draws. *fingers crossed*

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
YamPower said:
I'm nervous about the draw and I won't even be a part of it :eek:. We will all be able to get an idea of our chances based on the first couple draws. *fingers crossed*
When the hell are they going to announce the dates and details about the first draw...its so tense

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
[G]aMe[R] said:
The first draw is expected by the end of January and it is also posted on the CIC official web site.

Moreover, I am already registered in the job bank and my CIC profile is OPEN and ACTIVE.

Lets hope for the best guys.

Cheers!
I second to that!

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
fkl said:
They launched without the Job Board being ready - I think they are more likely to try to make timelines and reduce scope.

Their Questions and Answers section states:

Under Express Entry, labour market demand, in the form of a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or a nomination by a province or territory will provide candidates with enough additional points and be ranked high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.
They don't state that they may have enough points, rather that they state that it will. For that to be the case, it would be likely that the number will be under 600 (which would then guarantee the extra 600 always worked). Someone with 1 point + a Job Offer will get it, 100% of the time. If the number were something like 1000, their statement would likely be incorrect for some cases.

My guess (for what it's worth) is that they will select a fairly small number for the first draw, enough to clear out all the 600+ scores, and a couple percent of the Express Entry pool. The job board isn't ready, people have been having problems, a bunch of people are waiting on their ECAs, etc., and they sent an email out saying that sending your profile in early wouldn't help. Obviously, if you wait 3 months you will not be eligible for the three months of draws, but I wonder if they really want all the early applicants getting picked. So, they might take a small percentage, and use that to figure out their points requirement. 5th percentile, maybe? Later draws would be larger, as they would have given people more time, and had more time to ramp up and fix issues.

If that were the case, I'd expect the points threshold to be around 480 (given the spreadsheet) for the first draw. That's just my speculation. We'll see.