+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FINGERPRINTS REQUEST, CIC's new delaying tactic?

CanadianPlease

Jun 6, 2017
Folks who got fingerprint request , is your name common ?
Maybe, I was pulled over for a minor traffic offence about 2 years ago, the officer upon seeing checking my name in the cruiser, came rushing back asking how long had I been living outside Ontario. My reply "never lived in Ontario", after a little grilling he just gave me license back and sent me on my way. I am guessing a person in Ontario with a common name has a more interesting history than I..Anyway fingerprint request received.

Matin_71

Aug 17, 2017
Hi guys,
Can someone kindly share the fingerprint time-frame (especially after cic receiving the RCMP result)?
Mine been applied since 3 months and didnot hear from CIC, does the security check (the one I am stucked in now) means international? Why it takes all that time?

Afri

May 3, 2017
Hi guys
  • I applied for citizenship july 4th 2017 and process start august 3 now recieved request letter for finger prints. I am wondering how long does it take to recoeve my test date my passport expired and i was planning to visit my backhome in month of feb​

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Maybe, I was pulled over for a minor traffic offence about 2 years ago, the officer upon seeing checking my name in the cruiser, came rushing back asking how long had I been living outside Ontario. My reply "never lived in Ontario", after a little grilling he just gave me license back and sent me on my way. I am guessing a person in Ontario with a common name has a more interesting history than I..Anyway fingerprint request received.
LOL

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Dear sir

I received letter today for fingerprints so can any one reply if it's gonna affect my app n if I do my fingerprints today when the rcmp will send the results and when can I get the letter for test invite
It is best you do your fingerprint request mailed to your personal address. Then keep a copy and mail the original to cic. You can review the results before sending them out to cic.

jaran2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hello,

Just wondering that if you did your FP, and it seems that it will fall to non-routine; would it be for a while to get a test invitation? how about the others who waited longer to get a test and other who took the test then suddenly asked to do the FP?

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Hello,

Just wondering that if you did your FP, and it seems that it will fall to non-routine; would it be for a while to get a test invitation? how about the others who waited longer to get a test and other who took the test then suddenly asked to do the FP?
Fingerprint requests are quite common and as long as you provide them quickly they should not slow down the process. If somebody with a similar name or something else similar to you is in the system with a conviction they will ask you for a fingerprint. Nothing to worry about!

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
It wouldn't be a delaying tactic - there is no motive for a federal agency to create processing delays, it looks bad for them and it shines a light on you as an employee or department.