+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FINGERPRINTS REQUEST, CIC's new delaying tactic?

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
@colocho13
I did my test/interview last October and received FP request this months...will do it this week and see if any progress to happen to my 2011 application :(

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianSummer said:
I think if you change your way of looking at things then you will find completely different reason. Fingerprints are more accurate in determining someone's involvement with law specially related with crime. Citizenship is a big issue and personally I would prefer them to ask for everyone's fingerprint during the process of application. I had to do my finger prints and I think it was reasonable time even after doing the finger prints. I had applied for citizenship in Nov 11, they started processing my application in September 12. Got fingerprint request in Oct 12. First invite to appear for test in March 13. Had changed location so got second invite in Sept 13 and I took oath in Sept 13.
I agree. They should ask for fingerprints since you apply for a work permit or a permant resident status to EVERYBODY.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
neutral said:
I agree. They should ask for fingerprints since you apply for a work permit or a permant resident status to EVERYBODY.
Then their definition of "routine" cases should include fingerprinting requests.

I don't think it's a good idea as the govt is already becoming Big Bro thanks to that bigot Harpy.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nb8285 said:
Then their definition of "routine" cases should include fingerprinting requests.
I have no issues if fingerprinting requests as part of routine so long as the total processing timeline is compensated for the request. In other words, total citizenship process timeline should increase if fingerprint requests are a part of routine. Checking for criminal records is a time consuming process for CIC to verify, after all, thousands of applicants are applying.

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
It's not a delaying tactic. It happens to everyone - all citizens, residents, and others in Canada.

When your history is run through any police database, they only use your birthdate for comparison. If they get a hit (criminality) with that birthdate, then fingerprints are asked for to eliminate you as an offender.

So - if someone with your birthdate (same exact age as you in Canada) - you will be asked to be fingerprinted.

Also, it seems that the younger the applicant is, the more likely there will be a fingerprint request.

It's just the way it is, folks. If you have no criminal history, getting fingerprinted is a necessary tool to weed out those who have been bad.

Reactions: nofrills

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb8285 said:

I don't think it's a good idea as the govt is already becoming Big Bro thanks to that bigot Harpy.
Of course. As I already said, it should be done when applying for immigration so it'd be only required qhen applying for Citizenship if they need to verify that you're the same person.

jwmai

Aug 18, 2016
Do they require physical fingerprints or am I able to use one of their electronic options. I do not believe it is stated in the request email. Reason I'm asking is because when I went into RCMP for finger prints, I had to request physical version because the FBI only accepts physical prints. RCMP did not do a very good job because my initial set (2 copies) were both denied by the FBI as not legible. I am looking avoid the hassle and added costs and hope they accept the electronic version. Can anyone chime in on their experiences?

Thank you

FCCPH77

Sep 22, 2016
Hello All

i have applied for the citizenship at June 30th and i got the confirmation at June 24th then after my file start to be under process at August 5th and today i got a fingerprint request, which is with in almost 3 months.

any similar case ? how long it will take to get the invitation for the test ? and should i check with CIC if they got it from RCMP ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
FCCPH77 said:
Hello All

i have applied for the citizenship at June 30th and i got the confirmation at June 24th then after my file start to be under process at August 5th and today i got a fingerprint request, which is with in almost 3 months.

any similar case ? how long it will take to get the invitation for the test ? and should i check with CIC if they got it from RCMP ?
Did you get something back from RCMP? Maybe the originals?

One of my friends got fingerprint request and he asked the police to send the fingerprints directly to CIC however he got the original back and he thought that its his copy however when he received letter from CIC after 6 months for final request for fingerprints then he realized that the ones he has are original and he sent those to CIC local office and he got test invite within 1 to 1.5 months.

FCCPH77

Sep 22, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
Did you get something back from RCMP? Maybe the originals?

One of my friends got fingerprint request and he asked the police to send the fingerprints directly to CIC however he got the original back and he thought that its his copy however when he received letter from CIC after 6 months for final request for fingerprints then he realized that the ones he has are original and he sent those to CIC local office and he got test invite within 1 to 1.5 months.
thank you thecoolguysam
no didn't get anything yet, i went to one of RCMP agent office who took the fingerprint and he told me that i have to do nothing, he will send it to RCMP and they will send it to CIC. ill check with CIC if they get it after 10 days, i think this is the best way, no?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
FCCPH77 said:
thank you thecoolguysam
no didn't get anything yet, i went to one of RCMP agent office who took the fingerprint and he told me that i have to do nothing, he will send it to RCMP and they will send it to CIC. ill check with CIC if they get it after 10 days, i think this is the best way, no?
When did you submit the fingerprints? You should expect test anytime between 1 to 2 months or may take longer than that.(depends upon case to case)

FCCPH77

Sep 22, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
When did you submit the fingerprints? You should expect test anytime between 1 to 2 months or may take longer than that.(depends upon case to case)
i got the letter of fingerprint yesterday in the morning and i submitted at noon same day,
i hope to get the test within 1 or 2 months :)
should i ask CIC if they get the fingerprint report from RCMP after 10 days ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
FCCPH77 said:
i got the letter of fingerprint yesterday in the morning and i submitted at noon same day,
You can follow up with CIC after 10 days to check if they have received the fingerprints.

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FCCPH77 said:
Hi, I advise you to contact firstly RCMP to check if they sent it already to IRCC. Then after 2-3 weeks, if there is no news from IRCC, you can contact them. Thanks

hayabusa

Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello members,

Sharing my timeline with you guys.

I applied in June 2016 and application is "In-Process" since July 13,2016.

I got finger print request yesterday, which i did today with RCMP. My local office is Saskatoon.

Hopefully within 14 days RCMP will be sending fingerprints to IRCC Saskatoon, i will follow up with RCMP first then will check with CIC after 20 days.

Hate waiting games!!! but i guess nothing can be done in this except have faith and patience :-\.