+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprinting in India

jason1384

Mar 20, 2018
Guys,

I worked in UAE for almost a year and for the Canada visa process they are asking me for PCC from UAE. Is there any particular format to obtain the fingerprints for UAE PCC? or just the regular format at the fingerprint center would do? I called up the fingerprint center and they are asking if I have any particular format with me or it's ok with the format they have.... pls help

May 16, 2018
Can someone please post a list of fingerprinting centers in India? I'm looking for one in Kerala, specifically, or even South India. Thanks!

adj.mumbai

Apr 3, 2018
You can talk to the consulate .they should be able to share a format with you .

Does anybody know any fingerprinting centres in Mumbai / thane for Qatar PCC?

LOCAL police station has no clue about this.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
This rule was modified by the IRCC for Express Entry applications received on or after 1 January 2016. You now only need to provide a PCC for a country if you have lived in it for 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. For candidates over the age of 28, this could mean they do not need to provide PCCs for countries they lived in (for 6 months or more) longer than 10 years ago.

"Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

You need PCC of every country where you have stayed more than 6 months since you were 18.

johnmarston

Nov 30, 2018
Hi all, I have a question about the police certificate clearence thing. What is the procedure for that. If it helps, specifically for Singapore. Also I'm 19 if that helps too.

ash1780

May 17, 2020
I didn't find much information on this subject - so posting it here:

- I needed a PCC from UAE Police (I resided there for 2 years) and don't stay there anymore. The process requires you to get Fingerprints in "Black Ink" from a local Indian police station and then get it attested from the Home Ministry, Ministry of External Affairs and the UAE Embassy.
- The next steps involve sending it to the UAE and getting it attested from the UAE Police (addresses and fees vary depending on the Emirate you resided in)

For Step 1 - The authorized agency used by Delhi Police is TruthLabs (Google Their Website) which will do it for you basis your requirements. You need to take a prior appointment and get it done. Once the fingerprints are generated you need to get the attestation from both Ministries mentioned above and the UAE Embassy. For the attestation I urge you to get it done through an agent as they barely charge 1000-1500 per page and have hacks to get it done quickly. However, for the fingerprinting DO NOT go to an agent as they'll charge a kidney and a liver for it

For Step 2 - Strongly urge to tell your local contact as you will save A LOT of time.

Hope this helps!

For more information refer to these pages (unfortunately can't paste any links on my response):

1. UAE Embassy Consular Services (view the page on Police Clearance Certificate)
2. Delhi Police FingerPrint Bureau (in their Telephone Directory) - This is where I called and they redirected me to TruthLabs
3. TruthLabs (Located in Multiple Cities)
@rajshreem after the attestation, did you send the original fingerprint card by post to Dubai? how long after did you get PCC

Jul 16, 2021
Hi all,

I need to get fingerprints for Singapore PCC. I am in Pune, India. If any leads, please let me know. The local police station knows nothing. Thanks
I am in a fix