[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
Hi Guys,

Just thought I should let you guys know the procedure for getting fingerprinting in India,

As most of you may know, For all those applicants who have lived outside their home country (in this case India) will need a police clearance certificate for all the countries that they have lived more than 6 months.

Fingerprinting is a way of checking for convictions or any other offenses for most countries, namely FBI - USA, AFP - Australia and UAE Police. As I lived in Australia, I had to get my fingerprinting done to send along with the application, I couldnt find much help from this forum, so thought this would make things easier for people who might need fingerprinting in the future.

Firstly, I see many people people using Authorized 3rd party fingerprinting agents for getting their fingerprints done. I would not recommend you to do that, as some of these authorized agents charge up to Rs 20,000/- for getting it done and I think that is extremely expensive.

What you need to do is, go to the Central police station in your locality, and they will guide you to the fingerprint agency authorized by the Govt:, there are at least one agency like those in every city and you need to go the local treasury office and pay a challan and pay additional fees for each extra copy, for me, to get it done, it cost me less than Rs 800/- that included 3 additional copies. This procedure does not take more than a couple of hours including the time you spent to travel to the treasury office and back. It is as simple as that.

So for those who plan on getting their fingerprinting done, please contact the local police first, afterall I would assume everyone would prefer paying 800 bucks over 20000 bucks anyday.

I just explained my experience here, thought I should let everyone know coz these authorized agents are a total rip off. Hope this helps.. have a good one guys.. cheers

vijaywalia

Nov 5, 2011
Thanks for the valuable information
manubobby said:
Hi Guys,

Just thought I should let you guys know the procedure for getting fingerprinting in India,

As most of you may know, For all those applicants who have lived outside their home country (in this case India) will need a police clearance certificate for all the countries that they have lived more than 6 months.

Fingerprinting is a way of checking for convictions or any other offenses for most countries, namely FBI - USA, AFP - Australia and UAE Police. As I lived in Australia, I had to get my fingerprinting done to send along with the application, I couldnt find much help from this forum, so thought this would make things easier for people who might need fingerprinting in the future.

Firstly, I see many people people using Authorized 3rd party fingerprinting agents for getting their fingerprints done. I would not recommend you to do that, as some of these authorized agents charge up to Rs 20,000/- for getting it done and I think that is extremely expensive.

What you need to do is, go to the Central police station in your locality, and they will guide you to the fingerprint agency authorized by the Govt:, there are at least one agency like those in every city and you need to go the local treasury office and pay a challan and pay additional fees for each extra copy, for me, to get it done, it cost me less than Rs 800/- that included 3 additional copies. This procedure does not take more than a couple of hours including the time you spent to travel to the treasury office and back. It is as simple as that.

So for those who plan on getting their fingerprinting done, please contact the local police first, afterall I would assume everyone would prefer paying 800 bucks over 20000 bucks anyday.

I just explained my experience here, thought I should let everyone know coz these authorized agents are a total rip off. Hope this helps.. have a good one guys.. cheers

manubobby

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]New Delhi[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]09/12/2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b]04/01/2014[/b]
File Transfer...
[b]10/01/2014[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15/11/2013[/b]
Interview........
[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
vijaywalia said:
Thanks for the valuable information
Glad I could help .. cheers :)

gautam0597

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2011
Doc's Request.
All Docs except PCC sent along with Initial Application
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
04-04-2011
Hi Guys. I had gotten my fingerprints taken by this forensic agency in Pune - Cant remember the name of the company right now but the guy who takes the fingerprints is called Pavan. He is in Pune n charges INR 4000/- for FBI finger prints. His number is 09923100977.

bkrishna2001

Jan 3, 2012
Hi,

I am in India. I worked for 4 years in US. I am planning to get finger prints from India for Canada Immigration. How to get multiple copies of the report for US period? What is the price of the DD to be submitted with the finger prints? Thank you very much

manubobby said:
Hi Guys,

arashsidhu187

Feb 23, 2012
manubobby said:
Hi Guys,

GoodDay manu,
Need your help buddy
I am too from Australia, currently in India and needs to get my FP check done through AFP.But getting fingerprints done here is quite a hassle, I tried everywhere as local police don't do that. Can you please guide me how Can I get my FP get done here and in what format,on what paper size, weight?How long did AFP take to process overseas application? What are the fingerprints requirement for AFP? Will be thankfull to you buddy...

ICJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Nomination.....
May 13, 2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
June 03, 2014
File Transfer...
June 03, 2014, Processing from July 03, 2014
Med's Request
April 18, 2015
Med's Done....
April 23, 2015- 3rd Line Updated April 28, 2015-medicals received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 03, 2015-Passports submitted June 04, 2015-4th Line Decision Made-June 05, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 12, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015-Ottawa
manubobby said:
Hi Guys,

manbobby do you know if your prints were digitize as RCMP will take more than 4 weeks for non-digital fingerprints and also they do not accept digital fingerprints from other foreign countries. Someone posted at another forum who got fingerprints digitized from BC.

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
I just got my fingerprinting in Delhi last weekend. I called the local police and got the name, contact number and address of the authorised agency. I had to take an appointment as they only provide this service on
Wed/Sat for an hour or so around noon. Charges 1700/- for one set of fingerprints. Place is called TRUTH LABS and their Location - Safdarjung Enclave.

rajshreem

Jun 8, 2015
I didn't find much information on this subject - so posting it here:

- I needed a PCC from UAE Police (I resided there for 2 years) and don't stay there anymore. The process requires you to get Fingerprints in "Black Ink" from a local Indian police station and then get it attested from the Home Ministry, Ministry of External Affairs and the UAE Embassy.
- The next steps involve sending it to the UAE and getting it attested from the UAE Police (addresses and fees vary depending on the Emirate you resided in)

For Step 1 - The authorized agency used by Delhi Police is TruthLabs (Google Their Website) which will do it for you basis your requirements. You need to take a prior appointment and get it done. Once the fingerprints are generated you need to get the attestation from both Ministries mentioned above and the UAE Embassy. For the attestation I urge you to get it done through an agent as they barely charge 1000-1500 per page and have hacks to get it done quickly. However, for the fingerprinting DO NOT go to an agent as they'll charge a kidney and a liver for it

For Step 2 - Strongly urge to tell your local contact as you will save A LOT of time.

Hope this helps!

For more information refer to these pages (unfortunately can't paste any links on my response):

1. UAE Embassy Consular Services (view the page on Police Clearance Certificate)
2. Delhi Police FingerPrint Bureau (in their Telephone Directory) - This is where I called and they redirected me to TruthLabs
3. TruthLabs (Located in Multiple Cities)

Reactions: PVPal

Vishwas Rai

Apr 16, 2016
Hi guys
I just wanted to share this information with you guys that I got my police clearance certificate form RCMP canada in less than two weeks. The agency from where I got my fingerprinting done is in Delhi. Their phone number is 9643014524.

juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vishwas Rai said:
Hi guys
I just wanted to share this information with you guys that I got my police clearance certificate form RCMP canada in less than two weeks. The agency from where I got my fingerprinting done is in Delhi. Their phone number is 9643014524.
Hi Vishwas,
Did the reports are same as normal process?

sandeepn

Mar 14, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-04-2017
Passport Req..
29-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
I got my fingerprinting done from a private forensics expert in Pune. They charged around 5K if i can remember correctly.

raiviv

Jun 27, 2016
sandeepn said:
I got my fingerprinting done from a private forensics expert in Pune. They charged around 5K if i can remember correctly.
Hi Sandeep,
I also stay in Pune and got my ITA on 12th April. Have to apply for FBI PCC. I need to get the fd-258 printed and my fingerprinting done.

Can you provide me the number and address of the private agency you used for fingerprinting. Also, if you can provide your number so that i can reach out to you directly.( my mail id is raiviv@gmail.com)

regards
Vivek

Ukr52

Sep 29, 2013
I didn't find much information on this subject - so posting it here:

- I needed a PCC from UAE Police (I resided there for 2 years) and don't stay there anymore. The process requires you to get Fingerprints in "Black Ink" from a local Indian police station and then get it attested from the Home Ministry, Ministry of External Affairs and the UAE Embassy.
- The next steps involve sending it to the UAE and getting it attested from the UAE Police (addresses and fees vary depending on the Emirate you resided in)

For Step 1 - The authorized agency used by Delhi Police is TruthLabs (Google Their Website) which will do it for you basis your requirements. You need to take a prior appointment and get it done. Once the fingerprints are generated you need to get the attestation from both Ministries mentioned above and the UAE Embassy. For the attestation I urge you to get it done through an agent as they barely charge 1000-1500 per page and have hacks to get it done quickly. However, for the fingerprinting DO NOT go to an agent as they'll charge a kidney and a liver for it

For Step 2 - Strongly urge to tell your local contact as you will save A LOT of time.

Hope this helps!

For more information refer to these pages (unfortunately can't paste any links on my response):

1. UAE Embassy Consular Services (view the page on Police Clearance Certificate)
2. Delhi Police FingerPrint Bureau (in their Telephone Directory) - This is where I called and they redirected me to TruthLabs
3. TruthLabs (Located in Multiple Cities)

Thanks a lot!
This is, indeed, a valuable piece of information.

Just a few question I had though.
1. Do we need a PCC from India too?

2. I tried searching for the Delhi Police Fingerprinting Bureau website but too many number, which one should I call?

3. I reside in Mumbai. Is there a fingerprinting bureau here too or will I still have to go to Delhi?

Once again thanks a lot for all the advise.

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Thanks a lot!
This is, indeed, a valuable piece of information.

Just a few question I had though.
1. Do we need a PCC from India too?

2. I tried searching for the Delhi Police Fingerprinting Bureau website but too many number, which one should I call?

3. I reside in Mumbai. Is there a fingerprinting bureau here too or will I still have to go to Delhi?

Once again thanks a lot for all the advise.
You need PCC of every country where you have stayed more than 6 months since you were 18. Yes, you need Indian PCC too, you need to apply at Passport Seva Kendra for that.

If you reside in Mumbai, you don't have to go to Delhi, there must be plenty of fingerprinting technicians in Mumbai too. Here is one mentioned at US embassy's site:

Mumbai

Fingerprint Bureau
European Bunglow 2 nd Floor,
Opp. Mata Ramabai Ambedkar Marg Police Station
Crawford Market
Near Haj House, Mumbai – 400 001

Hours: 10 a.m to 6 p.m.
Phone: (022) 2262-0348
Monday through Friday*
*The office is closed on 2nd and 4th Saturday’s of each month and other National holidays.

Along with providing a fingerprint card, you’ll be asked to provide a letter or other document stating the reason for being fingerprinted. Fee: Rs.500/-

https://in.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/a-z-index/fingerprinting-and-criminal-background-checks/